Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:11 pm

nomad42 wrote:
Nothing is worse than when you put everything into a job, never call in sick, never show up even 10 minutes late, always working from start to finish, and still get less than 24 hours, no benefits, and demeaned about your work.

Recently I had a job, showed up for all my shifts...was late maybe once or twice a month because the bus would leave early or just not show up, certainly out of my control but no more than 15 minutes if that and it was just dish-washing. Even pulled a couple extra long weeks, that were like over normal full time when i had applied for part time...and what do I get for all of my efforts and taking the extra hours like a good sport. Over a month now of not a single shift no call, text or email that I am fired...the employee website still shows me as an employee. Apparently I was lacking something they wanted...not really sure what though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:14 pm

eric76 wrote:
aikoinazuma wrote:
eric76 wrote:
If I made the mistake of hiring OP, with her attitude it probably wouldn't take me long to fire her.

I would never work for an employer like you since you obviously don't have a good management ethic. Where did I say that I was late to work or came in drunk anything else you implied? I've heard this lecture from employers before. You need the attitude change, not me, because as far as I'm concerned the attitude you showed me was the same one that I've encountered in the past that quite honestly was crooked. There are plenty of employers that will try to stiff you on wages, sabotage your work, bully you for petty crap, jerk you around on the job, you name it, and the response I got from you is a BIG red flag. I've been self-employed before so I have a good idea of what a good management ethic is, BTW.

You couldn't be more wrong in your irrational generalizations of me.

The fact is that if you worked here, it would probably be the least demanding place you ever worked. The secret is to hire people who don't need to be bullied to do their job.

Maybe you should re-read the O.P. seems like you got the opposite meaning out of it than everyone else has.

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm

eric76 wrote:
aikoinazuma wrote:
eric76 wrote:
If I made the mistake of hiring OP, with her attitude it probably wouldn't take me long to fire her.

I would never work for an employer like you since you obviously don't have a good management ethic. Where did I say that I was late to work or came in drunk anything else you implied? I've heard this lecture from employers before. You need the attitude change, not me, because as far as I'm concerned the attitude you showed me was the same one that I've encountered in the past that quite honestly was crooked. There are plenty of employers that will try to stiff you on wages, sabotage your work, bully you for petty crap, jerk you around on the job, you name it, and the response I got from you is a BIG red flag. I've been self-employed before so I have a good idea of what a good management ethic is, BTW.

You couldn't be more wrong in your irrational generalizations of me.

The fact is that if you worked here, it would probably be the least demanding place you ever worked. The secret is to hire people who don't need to be bullied to do their job.

Uhm, no way do I agree with you. For the record, how would you know my work history? No good employer needs to bully anyone, period. Are you even the owner or just in management, for the record? Read my entire original post before you write stuff like this.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:40 am

OP, any employer would be lucky to have you....too bad you weren't at my last retail job. Would have been nice to work with someone with such an honest personality.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:34 am

^^ 100%

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
OP, any employer would be lucky to have you....too bad you weren't at my last retail job. Would have been nice to work with someone with such an honest personality.

Ironically my last job was in retail. It was seasonal so I was able to be a bit more honest in my assessment of the place when I was done. Most of the people who worked there as regular employees were basically beat down by the drama and politics of the store and as far as I was concerned the company (and this might just be the way stores are here in my city; this city has a reputation for being self absorbed and full of itself) spent more time putting out political fires and dealing with management's hissy fits as opposed to, I don't know, actually being a functional retail store. I am a veteran of retail and I saw so many noob mistakes made by management (who had the gall to act like I was clueless on merchandising and retail) that it was a miracle that the company even made money.

We need more honesty in the workforce anyways. If many employers had their way the majority of people would be working for $0.25 an hour and putting up with management's mind games and mistreatment. The management would probably whip employees into working and setting them up to fail every minute. Oh, wait, quite a few places do that already!