Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 5:23 pm

I wouldn't mind a woman whom some might find "ugly." As long as she keeps herself clean.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't mind a woman whom some might find "ugly." As long as she keeps herself clean.

Yeah, I didn't like where it was mentioned in the article that if you're ugly, you don't need to bother with things like brushing your teeth. It's true that I don't bother with makeup, would never even consider surgery that was purely cosmetic, and I'll probably never be pretty no matter what I do, but I do at least maintain basic hygiene. "Ugly" is subjective, but most people will be put off by poor hygiene no matter what you look like.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:23 pm

someone that is ugly does not have to worry as much about getting raped as someone that is attractive

all things being equal

based on the assumption that rapists choose attractive victims over ugly ones. assumption might be wrong

different people find different things ugly

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:32 pm

Wow wait what?

If your raped its because your not ugly?

dafuk did I just read?

Right, has nothing to do with power, or being an over all piece of unemphatic s**t. No, its your fault, because your pretty.

Damn it women, don't be so hot, look at what you made society do...

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:07 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yeah, I didn't like where it was mentioned in the article that if you're ugly, you don't need to bother with things like brushing your teeth. It's true that I don't bother with makeup, would never even consider surgery that was purely cosmetic, and I'll probably never be pretty no matter what I do, but I do at least maintain basic hygiene. "Ugly" is subjective, but most people will be put off by poor hygiene no matter what you look like.

Good point. Hygiene is very important.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2017, 9:42 pm

This is clearly a tongue and cheek satire

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:01 pm

redbrick1 wrote:
This is clearly a tongue and cheek satire

Ah, I missed that :oops:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 11:39 pm

The point of this post is to show that even though we all can look bad, there are still good qualities in us. Like that article said a strong personality is just as good of a quality as looks.