What is your opinion about the idea of 432Hz A major music?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:04 pm

It has been said that some autists have perfect pitch, and can notice subtle mistakes in music.

Having searched WrongPlanet.net for another topic about the 432Hz A major without success, I am left wondering if any Wrong Planetians agree that, apart from its magical healing properties, 432Hz A major makes simply better music ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3EAPDn-Ug ).

The comparisons presented in this YouTube.com video are subtle but remarkable. My own favorite 432Hz A major music includes the Chopin nocturnes ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mi145S-HfQ ). The only trouble with most YouTube.com 432Hz A major music examples is that, by slowing the music to achieve a 432Hz A major, the tempo is slowed slightly. This isn’t a deal breaker in my opinion, but it would be a great idea for more musicians to record in 432Hz A major.

Opinions?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 8:02 pm

I think it's interesting, but I haven't read much factual information on the subject, mostly just conspiracy theory stuff, and I'm not sure I believe that modern concert tuning was an attempt at government mind control =)

I would like to record once or twice in that tuning, but the problem with that (as opposed to shifting the music digitally) is that a lot of instruments can't easily be tuned. Stringed instruments are easy enough, though.