Liberal progressives trying to sweep election in Virginia...

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2017, 3:50 pm

So I'm a Virginian. And we have a pretty tight Governor's race here. What is clear, is that the Democrats are running the most dirty campaign they can to officially turn us into a progressive commonwealth. They ran a horrific ad showing a guy with a pick up truck and an Ed Gilllespie sticker trying to run down a latino boy and a Muslim girl wearing a hajib. Could they sink any lower? I am praying with all my might that we can take back our state. The Clintons put in our last Governor. They will stop at nothing. There is strong evidence that the Democrats have rigged our voting. They want to do this. Why can't they run a fair campaign? Its full of lies and deception. Make Virginia great again! I am voting for Ed Gillespie, even though he isn't perfect, nor my preferred choice, he is sure better than Northam. Northam is already trying to retract his stance on "Sanctuary cities". its just disgraceful what lengths they going for to win. Pure manipulation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 5:27 pm

I'm a person who considers himself "progressive." I'm not "totally liberal," though.

I agree those sorts of ads have got to stop. People should just debate the issues. In recent times, the general political discourse has gone down the toilet.

I wouldn't want to be living under an extreme conservative leader. I wish the "Alt-Right" would go back under the rocks from whence they came. I don't mind moderate conservatives, though.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 6:37 pm

I found it ....

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
I found it ....

Lol, like that won't backfire immensely...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Lol, like that won't backfire immensely...

Hehe yeah. First thing that came to mind was the Islamic truck attacks.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:04 pm

Trump couldn't have come anywhere near Hillary if people weren't really tired of being told how to think. it's a very pre-2016 sort of methodology, even considering Charlottesville.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:18 pm

...Well, I've seen the claim that Gillespie's side ran absurd " My opponent supports Latino street gangs " ads, IIRC. Politics can get pfetty dirty. Gillespie is running on " Let's keep ALL those pro-segregationist/Jim Crow/' Stay in your place, boy! ' statuez on public land FOREVER! ", so :evil: ...

untrysinger"]So I'm a Virginian. And we have a pretty tight Governor's race here. What is clear, is that the Democrats are running the most dirty campaign they can to officially turn us into a progressive commonwealth. They ran a horrific ad showing a guy with a pick up truck and an Ed Gilllespie sticker trying to run down a latino boy and a Muslim girl wearing a hajib. Could they sink any lower? I am praying with all my might that we can take back our state. The Clintons put in our last Governor. They will stop at nothing. There is strong evidence that the Democrats have rigged our voting. They want to do this. Why can't they run a fair campaign? Its full of lies and deception. Make Virginia great again! I am voting for Ed Gillespie, even though he isn't perfect, nor my preferred choice, he is sure better than Northam. Northam is already trying to retract his stance on "Sanctuary cities". its just disgraceful what lengths they going for to win. Pure manipulation.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:47 pm

what is so wrong with progress? :scratch:

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

If was in Virginia I would vote for Ralph Northam 100%. But that ad was not cool.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 3:32 am

why do we (always) see an hyper attraction to fantasized violence in people who can't handle a simple bug, the ant-perception?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:46 am

Well that ad certainly aged well didn't it, as a Muslim got behind the wheel of a pickup truck and ran people down in New York.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:59 am

I live in Maryland and have seen some of the ads. I just said to my wife that I could swear that we've never had that kind of campaign in Maryland. And it's not the first time. I can recall previous Virginia elections that were just as vicious.

Why is Virginia politics like this? All I can think of is that the Northern Virginia/rest of Virginia dichotomy has poisoned the political culture beyond redemption.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 7:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
what is so wrong with progress? :scratch:

That depends entirely on the destination.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
If was in Virginia I would vote for Ralph Northam 100%. But that ad was not cool.

Well as crooked as they are,they will probably include your vote! We have been inundated with all these out of state people voting Democrat here . And they are trying to make us the California of the East Coast. Even New York and Massachussettes are more conservative than Virginia as of late !

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 12:34 am

I don’t live in VA, so I don’t know anything about either candidate.

But the ad was in very poor taste.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 1:39 am

This is an era where appeals to hate and fear and negative stereotypes are perceived to work. No need to go south. These ads are from Long Island and New Jersey respectively.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman