Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DanaMarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2017, 10:43 pm

is something i cannot do. I have skills, I own a business that rarely makes it into the black. I am an accomplished artist (painter - abstract expressionism), I have an online antiques business .. but I totally lack the skills to make all of this work, to male it profitable. I am very despondent right now. I made some bad decisions and am totally broke in Toronto, a vendor at the Royal Winter Fair. People are looking but not buying and my products are exquisite, far better than those made by people who make a living selling junk. Looking into disability to help out a bit but I want to be successful at the things that I do best.

When is the mothership coming. I'm getting on it. I'd like to move to another planet where I made sense and my work was appreciated but we are stuck here.

BCTucker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2017, 6:21 am

Hugs! I also own my own business, and it's really, really tough! I grow vegetables and raise chickens, and while I don't have any great tips to help with sales, I can stand in solidarity with struggling to make it work and being broker than broke. Talking to people to make sales is THE HARDEST part for me. I want my products to speak for themselves, but NT customers want to know about me and my farm and all the small talk...it's exhausting. I'm not sure about the laws in Canada, but in the states I don't think you can be on disability and own a business, it might depend on how much real income your business is bringing in...I can't remember now though. Take care!

DanaMarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2017, 9:24 am

Thank you for that. I am OK talking to the NT but ... I am so incompetent at closing sales!! !! !!