But it’s all about personality >.>

Page 27 of 34 [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:39 pm

It takes a very short time to cook your own burgers.

Invariably, they will be much better than what you get at the fast food joints.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
No, £5. Realistically a gorging on the saver menus is a new trend. No one gets just the odd chicken wing. But my point stands; you can pick up bits of meat for £1 or burgers for £1 and so it's appealing to the eyes and the wallet.

Debating the worth of personality through KFC - what exciting times we live in.

Yeah fast food is calorie dense but unsatiety encouraging us to eat more.

Kind like donuts. "Hollow foods"

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:58 pm

Outrider wrote:
People don't have to be bodybuilders or athletes, I'm talking the bare minimum eat.mostly healthy at.controlled portions and walk 20 minutes round the neighborhood a few days a week. Most don't even do this.

Working exercise into a busy schedule can be done. While I am still quite overweight, I am working on losing it gradually. I walk 30 minutes to work each way each day, plus two 30 minute round trips to the grocery store each week for supplies. Net walking each week this month: 6 hours. During the summer months, I average nearly 10 hours a week of just walking. By not using a car, I get exercise, plus it cuts down on the amount of food that I can buy at one time. It does suck when it is raining/snowing outside.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:04 pm

Wow, KFC is a lot cheaper in the UK.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm

Congratulations on the steady weight loss and nice work! :D

I do just find it a little off putting how apathtic people are to their health.

Walking a few hours a week can make quite the difference in physical and mental health and help self esteem.

People who live a healthier lifestyle often began from small sublte steps.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm

a low FODMAP diet, along with ayurvedic food pairing principles, goes a long way.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
a low FODMAP diet, along with ayurvedic food pairing principles, goes a long way.

That, a car, and a condo :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That, a car, and a condo :lol:

and don't forget a 6+ figure professional job as well.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm

Outrider wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Outrider wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Outrider wrote:
Its easier to lose weight than to cure mental illness.

When mental illness cause weight problems then they go hand in hand.

2/3 Australian adults are overweight.

Do 2/3 fat people in Australia have mental.problems making it harder for them.to keep weight off?

My experiences: I was fat as a teenager and unhealthily lost the weight from an eating disorder and overexercise.

Same.thing when I was 17.

Despite healthy eating and weight training I am fairly weak.

My strength was below average and is only.now just above average many months later.

Almost a year of proper diet and exercise I am not very strong and average in physique. But I don't give up.

I recovered from being both fat and anorexia.

Today I have an unhealthy obsession with healthy diet and exercise causing me lots of stress. It's been like this the whole journey but nearly 4 years later I'm finally becomig healthyish.

So I know.exacty.what you're talking.about.

*sigh*

In my experience, many "fat" people suffer from anxiety, depression, emotional issues, et. al. and they turn to over-eating as a coping mechanism.

Mental illness often causes "fatness," and it's not so easy for some people to simply drop the pounds. "Trying harder" doesn't cure anxiety, depression, or emotional issues.

You've missed my point entirely

80% of american men are overweight.

Do 80% of American men have anxiety, depression or emotional issues?

Depression. The most common mental illness, most studies say 10% of the population suffers from depression a year.

2/3rds of Australians are fat, do 2/3 Australuns have a mental.health problem?

Quite possibly.

You're always going on about how bad modern society is for humanity's well-being.

I just find it odd how some people here are quick to rush to judgement regarding other people's issues while simultaneously pleading for understanding of their own.

I do not judge overweight people with mental health problems setting them back. Most of them try but their emotional eating sets them back.

I judge lazy gluttons who not only don't Try but try to normalize obesity and are mentally healthy. They exist.

modern society is contributing to all this.

Humans have a built in need to conserve energy and maximise calorie consumption. ancestors had less access to food.

We crave sugary and fatty foods since these are calorie dense.

Healthy food costly, junk cheap.

Fast food uses a lot of clever psychology.

People work longer hours than our animals hunting ancestors did and most full timers have to really squeeze an hour of .into.their busy schedules. Meal prep every Sunday for.the week.

Our information of exercise and nutrition while at.its best.is masked by fad diets and flimsy training programs from scammers.

I don't know I'm an optimist.

I think its easier to lose weight than for an aspie to work a full time job or study while working part time and learn to drive and move out and deal with all the banks, companies, etc

Surely people can control their food portions and set aside 15 minutes 3 days a week for.some pedalling on a bike machine.

So our.modern human brains can get PhDs, program computers, etc. But can't be bothered with calories in calories out and just eat/drink whatever they want whenever they want.

Our bodies may not be priority to survival but being overweight fogs the mind so you'd think for optimum brain power we would want to stay moderately healthy.

People don't have to be bodybuilders or athletes, im talking the bare minimum eat.mostly healthy at.controlled portions and walk 20 minutes round the neighborhood a few days a week. Most don't even do this.

I don't disagree.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 12:38 am

I haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks now. I’m going try really hard to go next week :(

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 1:04 am

You can do it. :thumright:

Try to have fun with it.

I sometimes see exercise as a chore when it should be time to relieve stress and relax.

My "meditation" XD.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 1:07 am

one does not strictly have to spend money on a gym as one can use gravity and one's own body weight for exercise.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 2:40 am

Outrider wrote:
You can do it. :thumright:

Try to have fun with it.

I sometimes see exercise as a chore when it should be time to relieve stress and relax.

My "meditation" XD.

Just stuff been happening to pr vent it. Dog died last week and this week I felt depressed along with eating cheese the night before means I’ll be sick next morning.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 2:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I dont know here we have five guys and their hamburgers are some of the best in the nation. Cost same as a Big Mac or whopper.
It takes long time to make hamburgers from pound of hamburger meat and it shrinks and isn’t round which bothers me. When I could eat hamburgers I’d buy frozen stirling patties that were super yummy. Then I’d make my own fries from potatoes.
Now I really only can eat chicken and rice and cereal I. The morning. Been eating the same meals every day for months now :/ though I do slip up cause family makes stuff or buys expensive pizza and I feel I neee ro eat it so it doesn’t waste.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 2:48 am

That balloon commercial is freaky

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 3:13 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I dont know here we have five guys and their hamburgers are some of the best in the nation. Cost same as a Big Mac or whopper.
It takes long time to make hamburgers from pound of hamburger meat and it shrinks and isn’t round which bothers me. When I could eat hamburgers I’d buy frozen stirling patties that were super yummy. Then I’d make my own fries from potatoes.
Now I really only can eat chicken and rice and cereal I. The morning. Been eating the same meals every day for months now :/ though I do slip up cause family makes stuff or buys expensive pizza and I feel I neee ro eat it so it doesn’t waste.

You don't have to make them from meat. It's quicker to just buy frozen hamburger patties.