Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilMayAsian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2017, 6:37 pm

As of right now my average approach looks like this:

PUA: Hey, I'm looking for a opinion, I'm headed to the mall right now(FTC), I'm looking for something for X-Mas for my friend Whitney(Pre-select). Her fave color is purple and she likes stuffed animals.

HB: *gives suggestion*

PUA: *Not knowing if I hit the social hook point, I just say thanks and leave.*

I think I know how to transition, if I do hit the social hook-point I'll just say "Where do you go to school?" Then continue with the conversation.

72 Approaches no numbers... Just two name exchanges.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 11:52 pm

Does this actually work? It’s quite obvious it’s a pick up line.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 1:26 am

Who’s pua and who’s HB?

DevilMayAsian

05 Nov 2017, 12:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
Who’s pua and who’s HB?

Pua is means HB is any random women I’m approaching.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 3:59 am

DevilMayAsian wrote:

PUA: Hey, I'm looking for a opinion, I'm headed to the mall right now(FTC), I'm looking for something for X-Mas for my friend Whitney(Pre-select). Her fave color is purple and she likes stuffed animals.

I think I know how to transition, if I do hit the social hook-point I'll just say "Where do you go to school?" Then continue with the conversation.

Lol if you are trying to hook up with a woman, how is it a good idea to start the interaction by asking them what you should get at the mall for your female friend? That could certainly give the wrong idea.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 7:54 pm

DevilMayAsian wrote:

You're 33. What kind of women are you approaching that you'd have to ask where they go to school?? 8O :?
No numbers? Lucky you got no arrests!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

You're 33. What kind of women are you approaching that you'd have to ask where they go to school?? 8O :?

Lots of women in their 20-40 go to college. Aka schools.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 8:16 pm

I see. In the UK unless you have poor English, school is almost exclusively associated with people not yet of college age.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

In the US, even people going for advanced degrees sometimes call what they're doing "going to school."

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 9:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Lol if you are trying to hook up with a woman, how is it a good idea to start the interaction by asking them what you should get at the mall for your female friend? That could certainly give the wrong idea.

Yes, that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Nov 2017, 5:24 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Yes, that.
Friend needs to be changed to a relative like cousin or sister

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 5:31 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

This made me laugh out loud hysterically.

OP: I have got to give it to you for trying. You must have a lot of time to waste. :lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 3:17 pm

nick007 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Yes, that.

Even then that doesn't seem like a very good way to catch someones romantic interest. Like where will it go from there
*walk up to random woman*
say 'Hi, I'm looking for a gift for my sister/cousin, what do you think she would like me to get her'
and then....?
Either she will give a suggestion, say she doesn't know as she doesn't know them...and then probably continue on with her day. Basically how do you then keep them interested in the conversation let alone hanging out more one on one? Or are they supposed to understand it is a pick up line, and play along...because for that it's too subtle.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

nick007 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Yes, that.

Good thinking. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Nov 2017, 3:55 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
nick007 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:

Yes, that.

Even then that doesn't seem like a very good way to catch someones romantic interest. Like where will it go from there
*walk up to random woman*
say 'Hi, I'm looking for a gift for my sister/cousin, what do you think she would like me to get her'
and then....?
Either she will give a suggestion, say she doesn't know as she doesn't know them...and then probably continue on with her day. Basically how do you then keep them interested in the conversation let alone hanging out more one on one? Or are they supposed to understand it is a pick up line, and play along...because for that it's too subtle.
Your absolutely rite. I never said or even thought that this will be a good approach but my suggestion was just to give the OP a slight chance of it working for him. There must be some reason he's trying it as opposed to different 1s.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 4:25 am

No offense, but troll? When did WP become PUAX?