Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Nov 2017, 12:37 pm

Well, it's that time again, and even though in the US, it's not yet Thanskgiving, I thought we'd have a discussion about our favorite Christmas movies.

Here are mine:

Jingle All the Way - What can we say? 1996 was a lit year for movies, and this was an excellent way to cap off that amazing year for movies. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, who plays a father who vows to get his son a Turbo Man action figure for Christmas, however, every store is sold out of them, and he must travel all over town and compete with everybody else in order to find one. The movie is just good ol' fashioned fun, and reminds me of every Black Friday EVER.

The Santa Clause - Another fave of mine that I watched a lot as a kid, it stars Tim Allen playing a man who inadvertently kills Santa on Christmas Eve, he finds himself magically recruited to take his place.

Alright, now it's your turn. Share us your fave holiday movies! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm

Christmas On Mars - Rock Band, The Flaming Lips, created this sci-fi Christmas tale, where the staff of a future Mars base faces certain extinction as they run out of spare parts to sustain life support systems, while one by one, members of the crew begin having horrific visions and dreams, resulting in suicide. Then an alien arrives with hope, on Christmas.

The Junkies Christmas - Stop-motion-action movie narrated by the late great William Burroughs, and based on his story of the same name. A heroin addict, dying for his fix on Christmas, goes through a series of misadventures to get his opiates. But upon returning home to his hotel room, he finds a young man in the next room in agony from an intestinal condition. Feeling the Christmas spirit, he gives the kid his fix to relieve his pain. The junkie is in turn given a sense of ecstasy for extending the Christmas spirit for someone in need.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

When it comes to Christmas movies, people mostly think of It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Carol, but for me, my favorites are:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Both Animated and Live Action. I have always loved that story.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Halloween or Christmas movie? Both, it would seem.

Home Alone 1 and 2.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Nov 2017, 6:22 pm

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a fave 1980s Christmas movie of mine. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."