Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 1:03 am

A new superhero with autism was showcased at Tucson's Comic-Con

Quote:
"Focus" revolves around the story of a boy who was diagnosed with autism and bullied up to his late teens.

Creators for the comic say this will help to raise awareness about autism and provide hope for other children and adults who have an autism spectrum disorder.

Nick Jones has had autism since he was young. He said he is very excited about the new project and can't wait to see the impact it will have.

"I personally would like to be the superhero in it."

For more information about the comic.

http://focuscomic.com/

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

August
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2017, 12:11 am

Quote:
"Focus" revolves around the story of a boy who was diagnosed with autism and bullied up to his late teens.

Creators for the comic say this will help to raise awareness about autism and provide hope for other children and adults who have an autism spectrum disorder.

Nick Jones has had autism since he was young. He said he is very excited about the new project and can't wait to see the impact it will have.

"I personally would like to be the superhero in it."

For more information about the comic.

The problem in this is that the main character is a mary sue since it is based on the author. However its a step towards a much realistic depiction of Autism since the author is autistic himself.