New young female co-worker joined today.

Page 7 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:
To the OP, you were turned down for an obvious reason. You have to keep in mind that being in a relationship means sharing a part of your life with another human being. If you are only working part time trying to support yourself, imagine how difficult it will be trying to support for someone else as well, or even providing for a family eventually. The dating agency is looking for people with financial stability, which shows that they are capable of providing for both themselves and their potential partner.

I've seen people who are homeless or on welfare who are in relationships. It's variable depending on the situation.

I've actually had a relationship before. I just wish another would happen in my life because I sometimes feel like either my time is running out or if it already has.

The dating agency are fitting the requirements of their clients, which is fine, some men/women are like that, they assume everyone without a well paid full time job is a looser, forget them, they're idiots. I'm completely biased, I work part time. :D

Like you put, not everyone feels that way, there are men in relationships who are obviously earning little or nothing, I know quite a few and they still contribute. Relationships are about teamwork, getting a girlfriend doesn't mean you suddenly become soley responsible for supporting another adult.

I was mostly frustrated at the fact I kept getting walls in my face while no one else seemed to struggle at all. Someone I used to know at the time immediately got a date on POF while I couldn't even get a response to a message.

I definitely don't want to be responsible for someone else nor would I want them to feel the same about me. A relationship should definitely be about teamwork and both should apply themselves.

I just hope my time hasn't run out or if it already has and I am just deceiving myself into thinking I still have time. It goes back to wondering if my past defines my future.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
https://www.virtualdatingassistants.com/pof-advanced-search-url
POF has an advanced search that allow you to search for women who aren't ambitious. You might try searching on just that. Sometimes searches don't work because you are putting in too much stuff. Unless you live in a big city you really can't expect to find someone that matches all of your search choices. It is better to search on the most important thing first, and perhaps add one or two more if you get a lot of hits to narrow things down.

Probably not many, seems most women are ambitious while most men are lazy. Why’s evolution doing that?

Isn’t that a paid feature similar to narrowing down to only thin women?

Lord only knows.

If a chick wants a big house, fancy car, ect. she should get off her butt and earn it.

They should also stop demanding free drinks and dinners as well.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:26 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
POF has an advanced search that allow you to search for women who aren't ambitious. You might try searching on just that. Sometimes searches don't work because you are putting in too much stuff. Unless you live in a big city you really can't expect to find someone that matches all of your search choices. It is better to search on the most important thing first, and perhaps add one or two more if you get a lot of hits to narrow things down.

Probably not many, seems most women are ambitious while most men are lazy. Why’s evolution doing that?

Lord only knows.

If a chick wants a big house, fancy car, ect. she should get off her butt and earn it.

But women are entitled for being women :roll:

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 7:29 pm

I really don't understand what the big deal is with wanting to be in a relationship. I never had any interest until I actually developed feelings for someone. Now that that's in the past, I still have no interest. It doesn't bother me at all that I might be alone for the rest of my life. A relationship is meant for two people who share a strong connection and have feelings for each other. If that dynamic is missing, then a relationship is just an empty, meaningless title.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Seems to work on my free membership. I just signed up yesterday. I'd like to find a partner who is smart enough to figure out this of sort stuff on her own.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 7:58 pm

Marknis wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

Agreed!

I'm a firm believer in "equal rights means equal responsibility."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 8:09 pm

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
I really don't understand what the big deal is with wanting to be in a relationship. I never had any interest until I actually developed feelings for someone. Now that that's in the past, I still have no interest. It doesn't bother me at all that I might be alone for the rest of my life. A relationship is meant for two people who share a strong connection and have feelings for each other.If that dynamic is missing, then a relationship is just an empty, meaningless title.

No s**t, Sherlock. Has it ever occurred to you that is what a lot of us here want but we struggle to achieve that?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

Women ain't sh_t. As they say, don't put p_ssy on a pedestal.

Modern society would improve if men didn't stand for that crap.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

Agreed!

Good. No one is entitled to free s**t just because they say so. Oddly, third wave feminists refuse to speak out against getting free drinks and dinners despite how those things imply women can't get those things themselves. They also don't get that if a guy doesn't pay for that stuff, he's considered "cheap" by mostly other guys.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:43 pm

Marknis wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Marknis wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

Agreed!

Good. No one is entitled to free s**t just because they say so. Oddly, third wave feminists refuse to speak out against getting free drinks and dinners despite how those things imply women can't get those things themselves. They also don't get that if a guy doesn't pay for that stuff, he's considered "cheap" by mostly other guys.

Honestly, we're in a weird place in terms of culture.

We have a generation of women who want all of the perks of independence, but who still want the choice to fall back into the "protected" role when it's convenient.

I don't envy modern men who are trying to chart these waters. I agree with FOB. Men need to start becoming much more selective in terms of what they'll tolerate from their mates.

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 11:16 pm

Marknis, obviously something had to be said, unless you think that the new, young female coworker that you know nothing about is going to be your ideal match. I hope by the time you make your next post on the same relationship subject that you will have learned from the mistakes from this endeavor.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 1:04 am

Aaron Rhodes wrote:
Marknis, obviously something had to be said, unless you think that the new, young female coworker that you know nothing about is going to be your ideal match. I hope by the time you make your next post on the same relationship subject that you will have learned from the mistakes from this endeavor.

Do you really think I am going to listen to someone who thinks I should give up and just take things with a smile? I don't want anyone telling me to give up on my dreams just because they say so.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 4:37 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

I only use that word when sexting. :oops: find it inappropriate. especially when talking about a woman.

But most men are content to put up with anything if they get sex from a pretty woman.
I don’t see them refusing sex to improve live for lessor guys like meself. They’d probably be happy knowing guys like me can’t get relationships. Desperate single women make better for sexual encounters. Meaning such men can get sex with lots of different women.
I’d like to habe sex with one woman for the rest of my life. I don’t need variety via different women. Most of Both genders treat each other like commodities. It’s terrible.

The Abdominal Snowman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2017, 4:54 am

Quote:
Thought women wanted equality thought women were independent? So why do they need a man to provide for them?

Sly, it's time you took the Red Pill.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:24 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Lord only knows.

Don't put p_ssy on a pedestal. I am actually rolling around on the floor laughing at that. :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 6:14 am

Marknis

You seem to be feeling most anxious over your view that there is a time limit on when you need to have found someone and settled down by. It sounds as if you feel that if you haven't done so by the time you are 30, then it isn't going to happen at all.

This is not true (although I did waste my twenties feeling that way about not having a 'proper job' or a 'proper education' or have my own home or have done ANYTHING with my life up to that point) Then I got to 30 and I did not creep into old age, in fact gradually things improved.

I did mention this earlier but I will be clearer here. Your status among NT females will improve with age, this will depend on you considering those of your own age. What a woman looks for change a great deal 28-35, and onwards, as she feels the pressure to settle down with someone kind and who is also looking for a serious relationship. Because many of them may have better finances, it might seem better to concentrate on younger women who are more on your financial wavelength, but I think this is a mistake. There must be some women around your age who do not have great jobs and are not looking for someone to support them. They may not be a large group but targeting your search will improve your odds of finding someone who is right for you. :D