Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 7:21 am

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 631AA62BH1

Quote:
Hi i'm from Poland As kid my parents every year send my to special summer camp, it was behavioral therapy camp for kids with mental problems, Asperger/Autism/ADHD/Drug problems etc, and was totally free because in my country we have universal health care i go there every summer since i have 10 to 18 yo.
But most kids there was just ADHD or Aspies (like me)

On of my friend there who was bit older than me a year or two i don't remember now, he had ADHD, and was little rebellious. He said that one time he was to go to Germany to some kind rock concert, he had his parents permission had valid Polish Passport and valid German tourist visa (now it was not required because both Poland and Germany are in EU and we are in Schengen Agreement, no border control)
Than he had some disrespectful things to his parents, they grounded him and toke his Passport & Visa, later they lifted house arrest but still not let him go tho this concert.

But he still went there without the permission of his parents, his colleagues went normally as civilized people, by train by perfectly railway border crossing . On the other hand, as a spy illegally crossed the Polish-German through forest :D
Nothing bad happened to him, but as he crossed the border the other way, he was caught by our Polish National Border Guard, he said that he was he was blinded by Searchlight and border guards fired flare in the sky :D

He was arrested for illegal border crossing to our very own country :D

These guards said that they had done very irresponsibly because the border between Poland and the German Federal Republic was the former border between Poland and the GDR, and that border was mined by Poland and the GDR in order to discourage attempts to escape from Poland by the GDR to the West German state behind iron curtain, and even trough Poland and Germany are in NATO and Polish Army and German Bundeswehr denmined most of them there ale left some of it :-)

My colleague says that he saw signs of trunk skulls and crossed bones and inscriptions in Polish, German, Russian and English: Caution Mines! But he thought it was just fake to scary people, nothing real
it was later removed by Poland, and Germany financed by UN and NATO :-)

I just recently have such nostalgic memories, or does it mean i'm becoming aging, become old?
My late mom told me a similar story, once she was on a school trip, in the mountains near the Polish-Czechoslovak border, and played with her volleyball friends, and she accidentally threw ball over border, she go after it than return with ball, but whole Polish and Czech border guard was on full alert :D
Polish-Czechoslovak was not so dangerous as Polish-German, but my mom not knew as young girl my mom was 8 years old back than she not knew that she can't go trough border without adult :D