Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2017, 10:33 am

There are scifi shows everywhere you look. Star Trek Doctor Who Battlestar Firefly... but I'm more of a fantasy fan but there doesn't seem to be many fantasy shows out there. At least not ones that aren't animated (which are fine but sometimes I want a live action one). Anyone have any suggestions?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 11:32 pm

The very best currently is doubtlessly Game Of Thrones.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 6:18 am

Besides Game of Thrones the executive producer of Battlestar Galactica went on to do a book adaption on Starz called Outlander. Its more a historical time travel drama but that could also be interesting. I have not watched it myself.

Edit: Highlander, Outlander, whats the difference? :P

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 12:40 am

Well lets see there is Game of Thrones...seriously that is really the only live action fantasy show I know of that's any good. So unfortunately I don't have many suggestions but I would certainly like to see more good fantasy shows, I guess part of it is it can be hard like there are more good fantasy books than movies or shows and making books like that into live action movies or shows is challenging.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 8:49 pm

There is a Spanish/Portuguese show called O Hipnotizador. It’s historical fiction, but it’s got trippy lore, magic, and hypnotism in it, so I guess it counts as fantasy. https://vimeo.com/149209986

Oh, and Game of Thrones.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 6:49 am

Well there is Game of Thrones which everyone else seems to have mentioned, for very good reason. I would also recommend The Ancient Magus' Bride, which is a promising animated show based on Celtic folklore, still currently airing. Other than that it's hard to think of other notable recent series.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm

I know there was a fantasy show several years ago called Merlin. I remember it being pretty good.