Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2017, 11:02 am

Someone showed me these and I'm intrigued. They're supposed to decrease your appetite and give you an energy boost to make up for the food you don't eat. What do you guys think? Do these work?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/APEX-TX5-Ult ... /985242404

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm

All diet pills are dangerous. Ask a doctor if you really want to know.

Depending on what you eat now, there may be safer ways to feel full on fewer calories.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:36 am

Don't bother with those Walmart diet pills. Those are fake. If you want a really effective appetite suppressant/diet pill, try Phentermine. I used it to lose 37 pounds in one month.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Nov 2017, 5:35 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Don't bother with those Walmart diet pills. Those are fake. If you want a really effective appetite suppressant/diet pill, try Phentermine. I used it to lose 37 pounds in one month.
I used a supplement before that's compared to Phentermine called Phen Caps & I lost abit of weight. I quit taking em thou cuz my BMI was good & I started binging again. I may of started the binging as a side-effect of medication or some other reason unrelated to stopping Phen Caps. I tried taking it again but I wasn't really trying to exercise or work on the binging much & they didn't seem to help. I think I need to try harder to mange my weight & control my eating on my own in order for the supplement to really work.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 6:14 am

nick007 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I used a supplement before that's compared to Phentermine called Phen Caps & I lost abit of weight. I quit taking em thou cuz my BMI was good & I started binging again. I may of started the binging as a side-effect of medication or some other reason unrelated to stopping Phen Caps. I tried taking it again but I wasn't really trying to exercise or work on the binging much & they didn't seem to help. I think I need to try harder to mange my weight & control my eating on my own in order for the supplement to really work.

Anything with Phen in the name but not Phentermine is basically a copycat product that's trying to piggyback off of Phentermine without containing the active ingredient (amphetamine). It's basically like getting a Panaphonic TV instead of Panasonic. Real Phentermine won't cause binges, it's will decrease your appetite, not increase it.

Boourns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2017, 11:11 am

Hi, I've only had a look at the initial link (APEX TX5). If you ask me, the ingredients listed could broadly be described as stimulants which would be present (to in some amount) in the food/drinks generally consumed by the majority of people on a daily basis:

Caffeine
Theobromine (in chocolate, especially dark chocolate)
Carnitine (meat)
Phenylethlyamine (lots of things, but chocolate again)
Tyrosine (red-bull, meat, nuts, milk etc.)

Anyway, the amounts of each per-tablet don't seem to be listed but if they're pharmacologically significant then you would certainly get an energy boost (if only from the caffeine). The impact of the other amino acids would depend on your diet, but are unlikely to have as immediate an impact as the caffeine. Side effects from any of the above are highly unlikely (unless you took alot of them at the same time).

I'm not a fitness guru, but I'd suspect that they would be most effective if taken before a workout (to give you the most energy for exercising), although they might also work as a post-exercise supplement (prevent an energy lull? maintain metabolism for longer?).

Phentermine.... That one sounds like it's quite hard on your body. No wonder they limit its use.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 2:04 am

I clicked to see what it was.

l-carnatine is apparently a fat burner, so maybe it does do something
caffeine as a stimulant helps keep you moving and your appetite suppressed
not sure what the last ingredient is and can't be bothered to look it up

regardless, they're not worth $38.50 for 30 pills.

you can buy l-carnitine in bulk powder form on amazon. it doesn't taste good, but w/e, I used to add a bit to my shakes sometimes. caffeine pills can be bought really cheap at a drug store.

as for amphetamines for weight loss.. they are effective, yes, as has been known for decades.. but they are amphetamines and have their own risks and side effects, including addiction. in general they're very unhealthy for our bodies. I would be very cautious about taking any amphetamines for weight loss, especially if you have any known heart problems or know that you have an addictive personality.

just another caution about diet pills: from a friend that works for Canada Customs, I was told that most "diet" pills sold online are likely counterfeits from China and the only things they contain that make people lose weight are tape worm eggs.. basically people are losing weight by infecting themselves with parasitic worms. Not good. Don't buy random weight loss pills online.

Pop some caffeine pills and go for a long walk - MUCH healthier!

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:43 am

Diet pills are very bad for you! Worse for you than being heavy and eating junk food, probably!

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:44 am

Sleep is a better appetite suppressant...if you’re sleep deprived, you can’t tell when you’re hungry and you have to rely on willpower alone to stop eating!

RoyceThibault
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2018, 3:47 am

Diet pills are never advisable. If you are looking for some methods to shed weight, you can choose natural weight loss methods. You can take up regular exercises, make recipes from the livre minceur and you can even take the [url=https://www.[/url]. These methods will be surely beneficial to you.

Last edited by B19 on 11 Dec 2019, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer