Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:42 pm

The last time I bought myself a pair of dress shoes for work was 2 years ago. I wear men's shoes because they make me feel more natural than the alternative.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:48 pm

Quote:
I hate shoe shopping if I found something I like, it’s not the right size or not wide or wide enough.

I read that and my mind immediately flashed to salespeople using Brannock Devices on my feet when I was a girl. I wonder why that's not a thing anymore.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:24 pm

I hate shopping for anything, but shoes is one of the worst. I'll wear a pair until they are disgustingly tatty before even thinking about getting a new pair. It would help if my feet were actually a matching pair, but there's such a size difference that I have to choose between crushed right toes or stepping out of the left heel. I also need lots of toe room, as scrunching my toes is my go-to "invisible" stim when I'm out in public.

Quote:
I read that and my mind immediately flashed to salespeople using Brannock Devices on my feet when I was a girl.

...usually followed by the the ultimate humiliation - having to try a pair on and then self-consciously walk the aisle in them while being badgered by the shopkeeper to "walk normally".

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

Quote:
...usually followed by the the ultimate humiliation - having to try a pair on and then self-consciously walk the aisle in them while being badgered by the shopkeeper to "walk normally".

Who was cut off by my father asking me how they felt. Dad would then have me walk over to him, and wiggle my toes. He made sure I had room to grow, but not so much that the shoes didn't fit. I never see parents doing that with kids now. Sometimes the salesperson would do that instead of dad.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:03 pm

I'm a size 10 medium in shoes. I hate boots unless they are UGG boots. Boots aren't what I'm into.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre