Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm

I hate shoe shopping if I found something I like, it’s not the right size or not wide or wide enough.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 12:15 am

I HEAR ya! :o my size 14 plantars have a hard time finding something which 1]fits, and 2] is comfortable.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Nov 2017, 2:24 am

I have an extremely hard time finding shoes with velcro that are white(or whitish instead of black) & in my size. I'm an 11 & a half wide. New Balance is about the only brand I've found. There's one store around where my parents live that sells some with velcro but they don't always have em in my size. I bought em online sometimes & if I look around I can get em alittle bit cheaper than that store(unless the store has em on sale which they sometimes do).

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Nov 2017, 6:17 am

Many times it was the factor preventing me from adopting more feminine style.
No way I would wear these horrible ladies' shoes on everyday basis!
When my shoes fall apart, I go to a big sports supermarket (Decathlon to be specific but I guess it's not popular outside Europe) and try anything about my size. Last time I left with light waterproof trekking shoes and I intend to wear them all the winter unless there was over 20 cm of snow on the streets.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

I always wear the same kind of sneakers. I get them at Walmart, actually, so they are easy to find as long as they have my size in stock. If they ever discontinue them, however, I don't know what I will do. I have a very wide foot and I insist on my sneakers always being white.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

I have the perfect foot size: 39-41 so both female and male shoes have my size because thats the size overlap.
But I still consider shoe shopping a hell and I wish my shoes would never break.
When I am shoe shopping I will sometimes end up trying on all the shoes of my size, both sexes and still end up with an uncomfortable leather one that I have to stretch in order to be able to wear them without discomfort.
I wonder what is wrong with my feet. They look fine but most shoes are too tight in one place or another. Especially big toe, small toe and heel areas.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 8:40 pm

I have flat feet & they are wide, I also have alot of feet pain cuz of my Cerebral Pasly, I need shoes that are very comfortable. There are shoes I can like, but they’re medium :cry:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Nov 2017, 4:01 am

Kiriae wrote:
I wonder what is wrong with my feet. They look fine but most shoes are too tight in one place or another. Especially big toe, small toe and heel areas.
I get half a size bigger because shoes tend to be tight around my big toes. I've gotten ingrown toenails before on my big toes I think from wearing shoes that were too tight there.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 6:51 am

nick007 wrote:
Kiriae wrote:
I get half a size bigger because shoes tend to be tight around my big toes. I've gotten ingrown toenails before on my big toes I think from wearing shoes that were too tight there.

A size bigger are often still too tight around toes. It seems my big toe goes upwards in the nail area while the shoe "nose" goes downwards and my little toe needs some space (when I am waking barefoot it moves kinda like thumb in my hands - it is usually 45-60 degrees away from other toes, for balance) and the shoes force it to stay in one place, tightly connected to the other 4 - so it hurts. There are few shoes wide enough in that place. I need something similliar to clown shoes I quess. :D

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

About the only footwear I use are sneakers. Or winter boots. And I generally only wear my winter boots if it's really cold and there's a lot of snow and ice and I have to walk through it. I was very lucky the last I went to get a new pair of sneakers. I got not a pair that fits well, is durable, and doesn't butcher my feet even after two or even three hours of walking, but their black color and hot pink design look really cool. :D

Usually finding new sneakers or especially winter boots are a huge pain. I need footwear made for someone one who actually walks outdoors in them instead just for getting in and out of a car in front of a store.

My feet are practically like spatulas. My toes are much wider than the heels, and I'm flat-footed. Why to they make women's shoes as if we have only one toe on each foot, the entire with of our foot is three inches, and we perpetually walk on our two toes? :roll:

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 5:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
I have an extremely hard time finding shoes with velcro that are white(or whitish instead of black) & in my size.
slip on shoes or boots are rather convenient... some look quite nice, and have elastic at the sides to hold them on snug. also like that one can effortlessly take them off without using hands at the front door, or quickly put them on if feeling rushed out the door for lacking time.

tend to order a pair of thai or vietnamese made doc martens every other year or so in uk size 10 around christmas... they almost always fit the same after wearing them in, and despite having flat feet, they don’t require inserts for being rather cushy. even though they cost about twice as much as shoes of similar styles, they last some years compared to those others that wear out in six months with as much walking that’s done, and most have an aggressive slip resistant tread that have prevented some bone breaking falls over the last few years.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:05 pm

Can a medium slippers be wide? Maybe it’s wishful thinking.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:17 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can a medium slippers be wide? Maybe it’s wishful thinking.

it's been my personal experience that there's no substitute for going to a variety of shoestores/athletic stores and trying on a buncha different ones to find the one that fits ok. :idea:

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:05 am

Women’s shoes often cost as much as a cheap cell phone!! !

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:

Actually that if true for men's shoes as well. 100-300PLN is the average price for shoes any sex and the cheapest range of smartphone prices.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:10 pm

Kiriae wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:

Actually that if true for men's shoes as well. 100-300PLN is the average price for shoes any sex and the cheapest range of smartphone prices.

Yep, to get shoes meet the work dress-code and don't fall apart I have to spend $200 :?