Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2017, 11:53 pm

After a 6 month hiatus from a mental break down and being on temporary disability and not knowing what the eff I was going to do, I'm going back to my old job of being a home health nurse for kids. However, I absolutely will not take on any complex cases (i.e. kids who are on ventilators or have trachs) again. That leaves only working for kids that have minor issues and have g-tubes/j-tubes which I can deal with. I'll be moving back in with my parents for a while (I'm 31 and while I'm not exactly thrilled about it, I'm not dreading it either) until I can get approved for housing for high functioning autistics like myself. I hope to god the job works out. I'm feeling better. This summer was awful on me mentally, and I've never felt more lost or alone in my entire life. I'm a little nervous about going back to work, but it's better than the feeling I was going through during the summer of not knowing what the hell was going to happen in my life. So ya. It's been really helpful talking to another nurse I met on here. She knows who she is :heart:

Just to add a side note, the department of vocational rehabilitation is horrible btw. They only added on to my already severe anxiety, but that's a long story. In all the times I've used their services, I've never found them to be helpful.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2017, 3:30 pm

Best of luck, I hope it all works out

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2017, 6:30 pm

LostGirI wrote:
Best of luck, I hope it all works out

Thanks! I do too. I'm a bit anxious to be honest.