Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2017, 4:20 pm

My friends are all amazing at music, art, singing, engineering, coding, etc, but all I can do is play video games and I can kinda write.

I would become a gaming youtuber but I don't have enough money to buy the required technology such as cameras, mics, or recording software.

I am trying to write a book but due to my autism I can't put my exquisite thoughts into words.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

now, i'm not so sure it's trie there's *nothing* you're good at...but it's good that you have at least isolated something you have some skill in, writing in your case.

i would keep writing! if you like doing it, by all means explore further.

i know it can be discouraging when you write something and it turns out badly, but really, the first draft of anything sucks. that's what lots of good writers don't say unfortunately, but revising and editing is often where most of the good stuff comes through.

AND...keep reading. i find that simply reading has helped me to find ways to express my trains of thought; by seeing how it's done by others.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Laki
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

If you like writing, write and write and write and don't let anyone stop you. Majority of people will never be succesful at anything in their lives but that doesn't mean they can't be great people. Maybe they will be nice, have lot of friends, bake good pies or whatever small thing you can think of. Lot of people see themselves as not good at anything - so do you...and me. Maybe you are just surrounded by really excellent people, future star musicians and stuff. Maybe they are really effing excellent.
(Me, personally, I'm kinda good at writing but won't be succesful in it because it's not good for school essays - too popularistic, not good for actual books - not good enough. My poetry makes sense only to myself. I've been looking for a thing I'm good at since I was like 16...and still nothing. Be mediocre. Be happy mediocre. You don't have to be the best at something, not even great. You can always be the friend with the best jokes or nice nails or something :) )

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 2:22 am

What makes you feel like getting out of the bed or holds your focus for more than a couple of forced minutes at a time? That'll reveal some of the roots. Every human being is talented and capable in different areas, we all have deficiencies and are all patterned differently which is why there's variety in abundance. Even if it's only counting sheep and cutting ribbons... one can be adept at these seemingly mundane tasks, it means you're good at something and no less valuable if this is what you excel in, you can broaden your horizons to crafting origami figures and becoming an accountant :D