When "conspiracy theories" come true...

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:46 pm

Which is all true. Is telling the truth about Israel antisemitic?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

Are you, Piers, named after "Piers Plowman?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 8:31 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

I don't agree with Israel on a whole lot of points, especially in regard to Likud and the fanatics who live in those settlements. That said, corrupt Palestinian politicians who get rich when their people suffer, and the homicidal fanatics making up HAMAS, are indefensible.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I don't agree with Israel on a whole lot of points, especially in regard to Likud and the fanatics who live in those settlements. That said, corrupt Palestinian politicians who get rich when their people suffer, and the homicidal fanatics making up HAMAS, are indefensible.

Nothing to do with Likud, it's just the Zionist policy and had always been the plan. Settlements have actually been more frequent under Labour governments. These Israeli policies have been going on long before Hamas. Israel are the problem, not Hamas.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:59 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Nothing to do with Likud, it's just the Zionist policy and had always been the plan. Settlements have actually been more frequent under Labour governments. These Israeli policies have been going on long before Hamas. Israel are the problem, not Hamas.

There's three sides to any conflict - your side, my side, and the truth.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 6:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

There's three sides to any conflict - your side, my side, and the truth.

I've been studying the conflict for years. I've read a lot of stuff by Dr Norman Finkelstein, who has been studying the conflict for 35 years. He puts the Israeli argument's up in his books and then puts the facts up against them, using the archives for history or multiple human rights organisations for more modern issues. He's Jewish and his parents were both Nazi holocaust survivors and both sides of his family were killed during WWII. I've read Miko Peled's book, his father was an Israeli general in the six day war and his niece was killed by a Palestinian terrorist. I've seen a lot from Illan Pappe and Benny Morris, who are Israeli historians. Morris is pro Israel and gloats about their crimes. I know what I'm talking about on this issue.