Generation Rescue Accused Of Stiffing Contractor

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 1:44 am

Jenny McCarthy's Autism Charity Accused Of Not Paying Contractor

Quote:
Generation Rescue, Inc., Jenny McCarthy's autism charity, is under scrutiny after the contractor of an unfinished autism services building accused the charity of withholding payments.

Vince Fiore, of JV Construction Enterprises LLC, is claiming that McCarthy's charity owes his company nearly $511,000. So far, the S. Tyler Road building has a foundation, walls and a roof, but no siding, the Kane County Chronicle reported.

"I was trying to contact them to pay – 'here are your invoices' – and then nothing," the Chronicle quoted Fiore as saying. "No texting, no emailing and no phone calls were returned. … This is becoming very damaging to my reputation. It's affecting my personal life [and] my family because of the financial burden. I was supposed to get income from that."

McCarthy's husband, Donnie Wahlberg, threw a charity concert for Generation Rescue on June 19, the same day groundbreaking took place at the S. Tyler Road construction site.

The Chronicle reported documents reveal that at least some of the $759,000 raised at the charity concert was to go towards the St. Charles construction project as well as other projects in Missouri.

The Kane County Chronicle quoted a press release about the event, saying "Jenny McCarthy kicked off the show with a heartfelt speech to fans and announced that [there] had been a groundbreaking earlier that same day [June 19] in St. Charles of a custom-built integrative health clinic providing comprehensive treatment for all individuals across the special needs spectrum. A portion of the funds raised from both this year's and last year's concerts have been allocated to the clinic."

But Fiore says he hasn't see those funds. He claims to have worked on the plans for a year before construction applications were filed, and say he was working ahead of schedule and under budget.

"The burden they put on me, on my reputation with subcontractors – I feel violated that they treated me with silence," the Chronicle reported Fiore as saying.

However, a Generation Rescue official denied responsibility for the St. Charles construction project. It is unclear whether the project McCarthy was referring to at the charity concert is the one Fiore's company worked on, but her charity's connection to the project seems clear, according to city documents and press releases, the Chronicle reported.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm

Didn't pay a contractor - - just like Trump. Both McCarthy and Trump are anti-vacs extremists, so you have to wonder if that particular aberration of reality also leads to being tightfisted with money. :lol: