Getting pushed out of the rehab place?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 4:44 am

It looks like the nursing/rehab place I've been in since leaving the hospital where I had my left middle toe amputated :cry: wants to get rid of me :( .
I don't want to stay here forever - but the wound where the amputated :cry: toe was simply is not healed :( Improving, yes. Bug not healed.
I also. don't have any place go to...and they want to stop the Medi-paid care after this coming Monday, I believe (It's now past 1:30 AM, Saturday, I'd been informed yesterday, Friday.). I guess it's - maybe - s " the Medic- insurance ran out " thing. The form they gave me to tell me about this said you delay this by filing for an appeal which I have formally done
I am putting the basics of this up now, I have to recharge. this phone now.
Repeating myself, I don't want to stay here forever. but the post-amputation :cry: wound on my left foor is simply not healed yet! :o I don't have any place I know I could go to on this coming Monday/Tuesday, either... :| .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 12:25 pm

...At some recent point they said to me here, " Where would. you go to after this? ". I said I didn't know , when I came here it was the hospital who sent me - Originally I was supposed to go to another rehab place, but it was changed to this one - there's a social worker here, but he hasn't contacted me recently, and he certainly knows where I am! (If I am not leaving the area I am, essentially, in this place all of the time.)
I am taken to see a foot doctor most weeks. The last time I saw one? I was told that the wound had greatly improved, but it still wasn't healed.
Revently, staff here asked if I had been given a date the wound would be healed by. I said no, honestly - The doctor had said nothing of the sort to me. Now, this date they wanted to cut off my Medic--paid treatment? too-morrow, Monday, is not even a full business day! (It's the day the " day off " for Veterans' Day is given this year.) So, giving me this notice on Friday, they were not even waiting til" a different full business day to cut me off!! ! :o

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

I really with that those health care workers would just give you a chance. I wish they would give everybody a chance.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I really with that those health care workers would just give you a chance. I wish they would give everybody a chance.

Totally agree.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 1:13 pm

...Okay, this morning the place employee came for the paper which I signed and handed in before. (However, I had neglected to date it. So, I did.) She seemed to say that I was being switched from one kind of Medi- to another kind?? (-caid, -care -Cal.) As of right now, it's 11 hours or so that my foot wound has been non-bandaged, the bandage came off again (long story)...Most of the nurses are great, but one rather asshol-ic one was on last nite and refused to bandage my wound :( ...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 1:18 pm

Medi-Cal?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

...MediCal is the Cali version of Medicare/Medicaid. Have you heard of it before?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 1:23 pm

I've read about it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 7:24 am

...I don't know what I'd do if I was forced to leave now. There's no place set for me to go :( . I have too much reading matter in tow, and quite a lot of clothes - rather flimsy ones, tending toward, in fact pajama bottoms and sweatpants that I bought at Gdwi or Sally Army - often women's ones, officially - Ooh, you b***h! Miss Thing! :lol: - there's more of them in 3md-hand.places - that I bought for being basic, and staying up without a. belt - Belts have been a problem for me :( . - But, they're much too flimsy for lomg-term wear, as wet and cold as the weather is getting :( . I still tend to think I'm not really physically up to being " reAlly : homeless anymore. At least from media representation around here, it seems that many/much/most homeless here are in groups, in vmps, and on H or meth :| .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:33 pm

...It's now Sunday? the 19th. Yesterday, the 18th, I received, briefly, a paper saying that the Medicare coverage of my rehab would end after the 19th, to-day, with the 20th, tom'w, being " private pay ", Now, the most utterly dramatic interpretation of this might be sheriff's showing up the 1oth or 20th to toss me out but that' s not the possibility. I certainly am not in any position to " pay " normally for rehab here. I've packed some of my reading matter (leaving the rest to be left behind here) - but, really, I still have much much more than I can really carry around :( . I suppose I should discipline myself to " own nothing that I can't carry in my pockets " :cry: .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:34 pm

...It's now Sunday? the 19th. Yesterday, the 18th, I received, briefly, a paper saying that the Medicare coverage of my rehab would end after the 19th, to-day, with the 20th, tom'w, being " private pay ", Now, the most utterly dramatic interpretation of this might be sheriff's showing up the 1oth or 20th to toss me out but that' s not the possibility. I certainly am not in any position to " pay " normally for rehab here. I've packed some of my reading matter (leaving the rest to be left behind here) - but, really, I still have much much more than I can really carry around :( . I suppose I should discipline myself to " own nothing that I can't carry in my pockets " :cry: .

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:40 pm

ASS-P wrote:

Can’t you pay with the SSDI money that you get? You should have some saved up after this stay in rehab.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm

...I really don't think that any rehab stay, even this nice but hardly " Cadillac level " place, would be payable on a " retail " level - I don't think even the couple hundred dollars cash I perhaps do have, more or less, would even pay for five days - including the medicine :( .

leson"]

ASS-P wrote:

Can’t you pay with the SSDI money that you get? You should have some saved up after this stay in rehab.[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:30 am

...I do have maybe a couple hundred spare, in cash - in the pockets of the old sorts jacket I keep all my personal things it, essentially. It' s the one jacket I have, it's never been washed since I had it. If I had more cash around, it might seen as a little peculiar gr8 me to habe so much ash. I don't have a bank account, or even, now, have one of those refillable ATM cars, which are rather ripoffish, but allow you yo have some plastic. If I were to start a bank account, I'd need enough money at hand to feel secure taking some out of circulation, and feel secure walking into a bank. - and figure out where to go there, and go there in the middle of the y.
I've fallen into a home of sorts here - but it's temporary, and is apparently coming to an end - And, the somewhat more " home " things I have done here have involved me bending, if not breaking the rules here by going out days 8O - which some people here have straightforwardly expressed their disapproval of! :|