Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How do you feel when pursuing your special interest?
I'm euphoric 29%  29%  [ 22 ]
Happy 61%  61%  [ 46 ]
Not happy nor sad 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Bothered by it 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Don't have a special interest 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 76

crazy cats lady
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2017, 4:46 am

Mine is cats. And what is yours?

The ultimate blog for cats lovers about the huge colonies of feral cats roaming the streets of Tel-Aviv. Feral cats videos, feline humor that'll make you laugh your whiskers off, and cats psychology like what cats dream about. Meet Amiga and Chocolate-Paws in my blog.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 6:15 am

Electronic gaming of any kind, primarily computer games and more specifically MMOs like World of Warcraft. Also Rift, Aion and Knights of the Old Republic.

I'm utterly at peace when engaging in my special interest. Utterly and completely. I'm totally shut off from the world and I even manage to forget who I am for a time.

It's quite a euphoric feeling.

It's been that way since 1979 when I played my first electronic game - Pong.

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2017, 6:40 am

Mine is running and the the gym (weights). They are the two main things but basically any kind of exercise really. It's just that those two are all I have time for and they take up A LOT of my time and my thoughts. As does food and nutrition. I used to think I had a problem and that's what made me first go to the GP in 2015 but apparently I don't. First it was anxiety caused by OCD and eventually I've ended up with the ASD diagnosis. I'd definitely say the gym and running are my thing. Not that I'm particular good at either

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 6:58 am

TV drama series Grange Hill. I'm totally obsessed.

Abandoned buildings, but I can't pursue this one because some busy-body manages to see you and report you, then along come the police. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 7:50 am

My special interests revolve around the weather, world history, biography, old ballgames, old rock performances, and other things at various points in time.

I feel happy, and sometimes euphoric, when I’m involved with my special interests.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 7:59 am

Only thing is, it is hard for me to stay focused. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 8:06 am

That’s me in a nutshell!

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2017, 9:23 am

Joe90 wrote:

Abandoned buildings, but I can't pursue this one because some busy-body manages to see you and report you, then along come the police. :roll:

U
What is it about abandoned buildings that fascinates you?

Have you been in trouble with the police?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

Joe90 wrote:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

JT_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Nov 2017, 11:37 am

Mines cars, I've always been a car guy, and since I got my first car 2 months ago I feel as if my quality of life has greatly improved.
I'm currently debating whether or not to buy a project car.

RAADS-R: 170

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 11:41 am

Doctor Who and anything related to it :)

ConfusedVoice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

I have a lot and I rotate through the smaller ones thanks to my ADHD I believe.

Longest held ones are big cats. Then added in cartoons/animation which I turned into a career.

I've had others that will occupy usually a few months or even just weeks at a time but when I am occupied with them they take up all my free time: Ghosts/local urban legends/abandoned places. Random actors or singers. Broadway (sometimes specific characters like Rumpleteazer from Cats). Running and weight loss (which then switches to baking and cooking when I overdo it and get injured). Checklists and todo lists which I abandon when I'm emotionally overwhelmed. Specific game apps (used to be video games but I don't really have time to sit down and pursue anymore with a family). Local storms or weather events. Big news stories or investigations. Forensics and figuring out the cause of car crashes that happen nearby and who may be at fault from the skid marks. And medical things or fixing things that I don't like about myself. (Getting my teeth fixed, losing weight, getting a haircut, finding a diagnosis).

Diagnosed with severe ADHD and High Functioning Aspergers.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 55 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 2:30 pm

LostGirI wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

U
What is it about abandoned buildings that fascinates you?

Have you been in trouble with the police?

I don't know what fascinates me really, just perhaps the legacy of something that once was, and the historical side to it. and all those creepy stories that get connected to it, stuff like that. I just find it interesting and thrilling. :)

And no, I have never been caught by police, but I know that's what will happen if I did explore an abandoned place. I've only been in one derelict building, and that was just a small house. I went with my cousins. All derelict properties always seem to be owned by somebody, which means exploring one will be trespassing. :roll:
Right now I'm really fascinated by a very old Odeon that has been abandoned for over 15 years. It has a really creepy structure to the building, and looks more like one of those castle prisons from the outside and has 1 dungeon-like window, among a few boarded-up modern windows. It sits right in the middle of a busy part of the city as well, so you wouldn't think it'd be that creepy, but it still has a creepy vibe every time I go by it on the bus.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

My special interests are books and history and they make me happy, but my obsessive behaviour is around contamination and that bothers me. Less so now that I know I'm Aspie, because I feel less pressured to be cured.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2017, 4:45 pm

Animals - mainly the great apes, whales and big cats.
Pets - cats, tarantulas and snakes.
The natural world - trees, fossils, plants, the oceans etc.
Herbal medicine
Nutrition and healthy living

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

Analyzing, consuming, critiquing, engaging with, creating, etc. art in most forms.

I also have a general thirst for knowledge that includes "useless" trivia, history, politics, and science.