Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 12:09 pm

There will be 10 new episodes of The X-Files expected in January of 2018.

https://youtu.be/_HTByz4RlqI

I love the X-Files, but I think they’ve reached a point where they should leave it as it is. Plus, the actress for Scully has suggested she won’t do any more. But if this is true and they wanted to make more, I suppose they’ll continue without her anyway, and basically repeat what happened in seasons 8 and 9 with Mulder.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 8:38 am

I don't think it should be stretched out to another nine seasons, but the demand is still there for the series to exist. I really enjoyed the 6-episode mini-season. I felt it had all the core elements which made the 90's X-Files great, but brought it up to date and continued to move the arc of Mulder & Scully forward.

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2017, 11:52 pm

I got into the X-Files between the end of the original show and the second movie.
In my opinion, nothing beyond season 7 (and a few select episodes of 8/9) is worth caring about except for the sake of discussion.

I Want To Believe was boring imo. Apparently every good idea for a standalone had been done already?
The mini-series was largely flat and boring. The comedic episode about the creature becoming a human was funny, but TOO funny to work as The X-Files. I didn't watch the finale when it aired, and didn't watch it online after reading nothing good about it that week.
I had hopes for the Audible audio-drama too, and it was largely half-assed "sequels" to episodes that are fan-favorites, with characters explaining half the action through dialogue in climactic scenes ("You shot me!", "The lights, they're so bright", etc).
After that, I stopped caring.