Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2017, 5:26 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
No you shouldn't. Perhaps it's different in your country. In my country the stereotype is that intelligent people will take care of their health and eat sensibly while dumb people will be fat and lazy and will eat junkfood without thinking of the consequences.

NTs seem to be threatened by anyone who falls outside the realm of normal, and there's a lot of unhealthy stuff, food and other things, that's considered normal. It's great if you have a culture where more healthy things are considered normal. I met plenty of people when I was in Australia years ago who were into McDonald's and other really unhealthy things, but it's probably the crowd you hang out with, like anything in life.

Seeing as this thread was originally about clothes though, yup, it seems like if you dress according to what feels good for you, rather than what's in fashion, then it shows people you're not a follower like them. Followers only know how to relate to other followers. It takes a unique person to not be comfortable, then followers diagnose that one and label it as autism. :P

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:19 am

I would hope not. That kind of combination makes up most of my wardrobe. :roll:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 10:34 am

^^ likewise. With wool sweaters (jumpers) this time of year.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 9:31 am

Due to sensory issues, T-shirts, scrubs (which basically are large, expensive T-shirts) and tank tops are the only kind of top I can wear. I can't wear ANYTHING with embroidery, buttons or a cheap ironed on image that is peeling.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 11:09 am

I usually wear regular T-shirts along with sweatpants.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on December 5, 2017)