Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 2:24 am

Has anyone here had any experience with adding short fasts, say twelve to sixteen hours, to your dietary routine?

I could lose some weight, and this with mild exercise seems like a good option. I just get cranky when I get hungry, and I can get really cranky. It sounds like a good idea to relieve some pressure on my gastrointestinal track due toa inflamatory condition I possess.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

By 12 or 16 hour fasts do you mean fasting overnight say not eating after 6pm and then breakfasting after 10am?
If so, then I have tried it a few times mainly because I find it difficult to stop eating in the evenings and to help my tummy which was not happy, and I do like nice straight clear rules :) As far as I remember it went fine at home but on the rare occasions that I ate out or at someones house it wasn't possible, perhaps if I was better at not doing things quite so obsessively :) I might try it again, I did cut out some snacking but I try not to do anything that makes me less sociable so :?

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2017, 10:56 am

I try to do this, I succeed about half the week. Usually I'll skip breakfast, since I find that morning exercise does a lot to keep my symptoms under control more than any other time of day, then I'll have a huge brunch when I'm done training. Then a 2nd meal around dinnertime, with lots of snacking thrown in.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933