Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

k.wolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

I go to university and I have an arrogant chemistry professor. The man will get upset over things other students do in class (such as arriving late, asking "stupid" questions or talking during class) - it's fine to be upset over some of these things but his reactions make me really stressed out - he shouts and complains and bashes his hands on the table to get people's attention. I hate this sort of behavior. I've had arrogant professors in the past but none acted like this - they would lash out against students and complain but they would never shout or hit things.
His class doesn't have mandatory attendance. I wonder if I should just stop going because every time I walk in I come out 10x more stressed.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 6:11 am

I think he sounds more angry than arrogant... since he yells and hits things, maybe you should tell the principal/whoever that professor's superior is that you feel threatened by his behavior. I know that isn't the word you use here, but if some of the stress you get from his class is caused by fear and a feeling of threath then it might be worth mentioning. Talking to the professor directly about it might be an option too, assuming that you think it's safe.