Loneliness is the worst feeling in the world

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

I've been struggling all weekend. I struggle with it at the best of times but up until recently I had a boyfriend and my weekends were spent with him. Before we got togetherI always used to hate the weekends, especially Saturday nights because they just make me feel lonely and like a failure because I'm sat in on my own with nothing to do and nobody who cares. I managed to distract myself last night with this forum, some online surveys and a boxset. In fact I got a bit carried away and didn't go to sleep til 4.30 a.m. I have woke up at noon and just feel kind of lost and empty and just alone. Again. It's like it's never ending. I could go to the gym like I normally do but I know I need to rest. I haven't been eating much the last couple of weeks, I've lost a load of weight and I have a pulled hamstring/glute. I'm not sure which, but I'm pretty sure the gym would not be a good idea today.

I feel like I just need a sofa day and a day to mope but I just feel so lonely, it's horrible. I think this is the worst time of my life ever. About to lose my job it seems, just split up with my boyfriend who I'm still crazy about but he doesn't want to see or hear from me, no money or income because I've been off work sick for so long and don't know when I'll be able to go back cos I'm still quite depressed and anxious and now I've got this ASD diagnosis since the summer, I realise why I can't cope in my workplace and realistically don't know how I'm ever going to be able to go back and work there without it being detrimental to my health. I just feel like everything is going wrong or has gone wrong and I just need a break. I've been silencing my phone and hiding from everyone because I just don't want to interact or engage because when I do I'm just fighting back tears or getting choked up and I just don't want to talk about anything. I don't want to talk about my problems and I don't want to hear about anything or anyone else cos it's too much at the moment. But at the same time I feel really lonely. It's the worst feeling in the world.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

Yes lonelyness is terribly boring. A lot of people are lonely actually. Its the way of the world. Maybe you are just going through a rough patch. In time you could get a new boyfreind.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2017, 2:54 pm

Yes I'm sure. It will take me a long time getting over this one though. I actually couldn't take it anymore and sent him a message not expecting a reply. I got one though. It was short and sweet but it doesn't matter - he actually responded. I also had a nap because I felt so bad. I don't want to make a habit of it but it helped

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2017, 9:13 pm

no, physical pain is worse.