Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:34 am

Well, we were supposed to move into a new apartment but the agency that was supposed to help us pay first months rent backed off on a technicality and the landlord got tired of the red tape so we lost it.

I haven't had a discussion with my husband about it yet but the relatives we are living with now are turning out the same as the others... Starting out nice at first but then started charging us increasing amounts of money to stay here well beyond what they first claimed and now not buying many of their own groceries because we have food stamps. Plus living under their rules is starting to wear on me and I am getting tired of constantly getting criticism when I try my best to keep them happy. Don't know what to do now.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:47 am

It isn't ideal, but a lot of people are "under employed." They have jobs that don't use the degrees they have, but they just get a job that pays the rent, until they can find a better job.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

I know getting a job would help but they insist me getting an apartment is more important and wouldn't let me use my time to look for one. They keep threatening that if I don't pay them or do as they say we will end up in the shelter.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:13 am

NTs mean well when the offer to let you stay with them, but your situation may be just like my mothers'.

After a few days her weirdnesses come out so our relatives couldn't stay for more than a few days before people got on each other's nerves. We used to live at popular tourist destination and would have relatives stay with us.

They can't look up something on Wikipedia and know what to expect.