Issues with finding and talking to females

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 9:20 pm

I guess I have low standards in a way because of my own interests versus other girl's interests. I'm in the minority, but I don't think I want to base a relationship or connection on common interest that much at all. I just don't know what I can base things on if you mostly put common interests on the backburner.

I'm 5'7" and not overweight, but I'm not really as fit or healthy as I want to be. I am thinking about signing up for a membership at a local Planet Fitness. Most of the time I only get the message that a man can increase his "league" some if he gains a six-pack and arms. I have some concerns about my ability to develop that because of physical disabilities, but still able-bodied with limbs. I don't always want to do this only for women, but I have a personal goal to look good naked by myself.

How can somebody get better at talking to girls, especially in a commuter-college setting? There are people who still live in campus rooms, but a majority still commute to and from campus. I wish I understood better how to interact with this mob of crazy animals. :D

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 9:25 pm

"a man can increase his "league" some if he gains a six-pack and arms"

I hear women go for guys with four arms.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

^ Hah :lol:

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I don't always want to do this only for women, but I have a personal goal to look good naked by myself.

I hear that. But if you're not interested in basing a relationship or friendship on any common ground between you at all - what exactly are you basing it on? Looking good naked? Because that's generally not enough for women you know. Despite what so many people here seem to think, a woman isn't going to want to be friends with you just because you're pretty and nothing else (and no, I don't mean they want you to be rich and pretty in order to acknowledge your existence.)
I talk to women at my interest group and actually find that to be easier. I am not good at socializing, so being able to talk about something that interests me, that interests us both since she is there as well, gets things going. They seem to appreciate someone who can talk to them about something that is important to them and that interests them, and who actually wants to listen to them speak on that topic.
And trust me, I do NOT look any good naked. :wink: I don't even look any good with clothes on.
I think a commuter setting seems hard. Traveling, most people are just keeping quiet to themselves and it's difficult to shoehorn yourself into that situation without being unwelcome.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 9:53 pm

Yep. Women on the subway just want to be left alone with their music, books, or newspapers......