Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:05 pm

How many people here enjoy The Orville?

I really like it. I always liked the TNG era Star Treks and the social commentary is fairly well done. I here it might depend on how much you can stand Seth McFarlane’s jokes however.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:54 pm

That show is hilarious! I especially liked when the robot, Issac, trying to understand humor, amputates the helmsman's leg as a practical joke. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Nov 2017, 5:48 am

I'm behind with watching it but I watched like 5 eps so far & really like it. I was a big fan of StarTrek(I still really like it but I have other interests now too) & I like most of Seth's stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2017, 12:55 pm

I have become a big fan. I like how even though there are Family Guy style jokes it gets serious sometimes. I also like the idea of in the future people being more peaceful. The Orvile world as I see has moved past racism and things like that that we deal with on Earth now.

I have heard Seth Mcfarline is getting bored with Family Guy too and Orvile is where his motivations are now. I hope so because so far I am impressed.

Khiori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2017, 10:20 am

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, and so far I'm really enjoying The Orville. I admit that I started the show having grown pretty sick of Seth Macfarlane in general, but he seems toned down a bit in The Orville. I think the project is near and dear to his heart and it really shows through his acting/writing. I really like the sense of optimism for the future that the show has, it reminds me a lot of TOS and TNG.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 1:32 am

I was going to post a thread on this show, but this one seems fairly recent so I'll just bump this one. When I first heard of the show I wasn't very interested at all, but I decided to give it a chance and I enjoy it quite a bit. I certainly hope it runs for a while I've heard they are working on a second season already, but yes I hope it continues because it seems like the possibility of a star trek series that doesn't take place before DS9 isn't very likely at least I haven't heard of any plans of such a series so perhaps this show will have to suffice.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:40 am

The last episode was really incredible.

Orville is honestly the true spirit of Star Trek: TNG ... sorry but Discovery is not.

If you’ve been following it since the beginning, and like the Kaylon robot character Issac, you will be amazed.

I can’t wait to see what will happen.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:49 am

MannyBoo wrote:
The last episode was really incredible.

Orville is honestly the true spirit of Star Trek: TNG ... sorry but Discovery is not.

If you’ve been following it since the beginning, and like the Kaylon robot character Issac, you will be amazed.

I can’t wait to see what will happen.

I'm hoping and praying that Isaac does the right thing, and sides with the crew.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2019, 2:03 pm

I love it, I was a bit disappointed by the first episode because I expected it to be a laugh a minute, instead though it's a much cleverer show than that, like a star trek that doesn't take itself too seriously.
It's gone from strength to strength and season two is even better than season one!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200