I'm 24, but I feel like I am 10 sometimes

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 12:43 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Little children are more direct, they tell you straight away when if they don't like some thing like a food or a program so you don't have to stress trying to work it out. I also think they don't tend to hold a grudge the way adults particularly women do.

I would love to see children judges on cooking shows or talent shows.

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 12:56 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I have never understood why people say toddlers are so hard to deal with as adults are the ones I find give me a headache.

I am a parent, and I think I understand you. When my child talks, I listen to them as if I were listing to anyone else. I take the time to make sure I understand their view. When I do that I can relate to how my child feels, and then my parental instruction is within the context of what they think and there is zero problem "dealing" with my child. Its as if my child were a rational person. :)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:49 am

billegge wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Little children are more direct, they tell you straight away when if they don't like some thing like a food or a program so you don't have to stress trying to work it out. I also think they don't tend to hold a grudge the way adults particularly women do.

I would love to see children judges on cooking shows or talent shows.

:D You should pitch that idea to a TV production company.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:17 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
^ I wouldn't read, I could, I just wouldn't until I was seven. My sister had The Famous Five books and I think it was because they were for her age group not mine that I tried them. I really liked George, and I wanted an island and a dog. :D By the time I moved on from them, I was ready for Agatha Christie, which our house was full of.

I didn't know there was a film made.

George was by far my favorite too. I identified so much with her when I first read these books, and I still identify with much about her, although I am wimpier. I would have loved to have an island of my own and a boat and Timmy, of course! Lovely, wonderful Timmy!

The books I have claim they are for kids aged 9-14. I read them when I was 8-11. And 40! :lol:

I didn't know about the movies either until recently. I have seen 3 German movies about them. There is a Wikipedia article about the first one, and another about Five TV series and movies.

Please note that there are parentheses in the two links so they won't work if you just click on them. They have to be copied and pasted in order to work :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Five_(film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Famou ... vel_series)#Film_and_television_adaptations

fluffysaurus wrote:
Every couple of years I have a symptom of something that makes me think I'm dying and I get really anxious

I wish I couldn't relate to that. Especially from childhood and up to somewhere in adult age I would have specific disease fears. I never went to any doc though, and for the most part (until adult age) I kept those fears entirely to myself.
I haven't had them as badly in a while. But I've always feared injury and disease.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
^ I wouldn't read, I could, I just wouldn't until I was seven. My sister had The Famous Five books and I think it was because they were for her age group not mine that I tried them. I really liked George, and I wanted an island and a dog. :D By the time I moved on from them, I was ready for Agatha Christie, which our house was full of.

I didn't know there was a film made.

George was by far my favorite too. I identified so much with her when I first read these books, and I still identify with much about her, although I am wimpier. I would have loved to have an island of my own and a boat and Timmy, of course! Lovely, wonderful Timmy!

The books I have claim they are for kids aged 9-14. I read them when I was 8-11. And 40! :lol:

I didn't know about the movies either until recently. I have seen 3 German movies about them. There is a Wikipedia article about the first one, and another about Five TV series and movies.

Please note that there are parentheses in the two links so they won't work if you just click on them. They have to be copied and pasted in order to work :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Five_(film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Famou ... vel_series)#Film_and_television_adaptations

fluffysaurus wrote:
Every couple of years I have a symptom of something that makes me think I'm dying and I get really anxious

I wish I couldn't relate to that. Especially from childhood and up to somewhere in adult age I would have specific disease fears. I never went to any doc though, and for the most part (until adult age) I kept those fears entirely to myself.
I haven't had them as badly in a while. But I've always feared injury and disease.

Thanks :D I couldn't tell, did they change when they were set?

For some reason illness and injury scare me much more than death. I think it's because it would mean being dependent on others. They would then do what they thought best, not what I would do.