Meeting people you know in real life on dating sites?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

Have you every been browsing a dating sit and then saw someone you know in real life? What would you do? Ignore them? Message them? Ask about it in person? I found one of my coworkers on PoF a few months ago and I guess she's not having much more luck than me because her profile keeps getting deleted and then reuploaded. We always got along pretty well even though we haven't worked together for over a year so I decided to shoot her a message and see where it went. Her first and only message was to say hi and that she wasn't interested. So bleh :P

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

I love when I see girls I know from high school, college, or Facebook on dating sites! :lol: I always tell them I remember them from one of the three but it's hit or miss if they respond back :P

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

Yeah it happened to me once. I saw someone I knew from real life but she was someone I was 100% not interested in so I didn't message her.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Nov 2017, 5:20 am

I saw a girl I went to high-skewl with on a dating site 1ce. i didn't message her thou because I was very awkward back then & really didn't think she was the type of girl to be interested in a guy like me based on how she was in skewl & what she had in her profile. I didn't really want to relive the high-skewl days so didn't see the point in messaging her just to chat or anything.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 4:16 am

I stumbled upon a couple of my former student colleagues on Tinder back when I used that thing. Never bothered to dig deeper, though.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 7:44 am

I find it rather ironic that two women who treated me like I had leprosy and boasted about how popular they were back in my early 20s matched up to me on eHarmony once. It took a lot not to rub it into their smug faces.

Quote:
Her first and only message was to say hi and that she wasn't interested.

That's better than I got. I saw a former coworker who I got along with great on eHarmony. She was the kind of person I would have asked out if I knew she was single. I asked her out politely and rather than rejecting or ignoring it she proceeded to block me. WTF? I didn't expect her to fall into my lap but I didn't anticipate such a heavy handed response.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 8:21 am

^ Geeze I'm glad I don't know any people like that!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 8:23 am

It's not as appealing as it might sound.
This happened to me on Tinder once.

The worst one is seeing ex's profiles. If you've seen theirs, they've definitely seen yours! :lol:
There's a morbid quality in knowing neither of you are doing better than the other.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 8:30 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
The worst one is seeing ex's profiles. If you've seen theirs, they've definitely seen yours! :lol:
There's a morbid quality in knowing neither of you are doing better than the other.

What's worse is when your ex sends you a message!

I texted her a very angry response to which she said she didn't know it was me. I told her even without seeing my pictures it's very obviously just based on my height and age! I had to resist making a snide remark to crazy about how people who are planning to "kill themselves" should not be dating but I took the high road. I think she finally got a new boyfriend to which I am sure he has heard about the "monster" she dated for a year and a half :roll: