Page 12 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:31 am

Trogluddite wrote:
"First love" is also ridiculously over-romanticised and idealised in our society. If it was so wonderful, everyone's "first love" would end up being their partner for life, whereas in reality most "first love" relationships are brief, clumsy and fraught with miscommunication. Obviously, I don't know this first hand, but all of my "settled down" friends that I've ever spoken to about it have agreed on this point.

The reason is that love is the only part where we blindly follow emotions. Sure emotions affect other decisions too, but only people in love can act so dumb. If you don't agree then watch "Like Crazy".

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:15 am

@Trogluddite: Pretty much every single point of yours is completely wrong...

If you're honestly gonna argue that the top 10% of men don't have more sexual partners than the bottom 90%, I'm afraid you're the one who is sitting behind a computer screen and not observing what is happening in the real world. In my opinion, you have to be a complete idiot to suggest that.

Also pretty much EVERY SINGLE STUDY shows that a high number of sex partners, increases the likelyhood of divorce.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 4:40 pm

Ok. Anyway. Back to the topic.

I feel like I've got everything I can out of the forum and it's time for me to start my new single life.

Going pretty ok so far. There's more places yo meet up with people in the city and I've joined a gym and I've got some furniture restoration projects to do to keep me busy.

So it's bye from me. I may dip in again at another point. But probably not for the rest of 2017.

Au revoir.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:42 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So a 30 old woman on a age could have had 30-45 relationships. A 40 old woman could have had 50-75 relationships. While a 18 old could have 6-9 relationships, a 25 old could had 20-30.

What!? I've dated plenty of women over 25 and a few in their early 30s and none of them have had more than 5 relationships. I don't know where you're getting that 25-30 year old women have had dozens of relationships.

I got it from the average of 2-3 relationships a year. Meaning some women have less and some women have more. I’ve known some to have 2-4 a month which is 24-48 a month if they kept that pattern up by 25 they’d have had 240-480 relationships. Clearly all women don’t do that but neither to all or most women have 0 relationships a year. So I settled around 2-3 a year for average.

It’s all guessing though as I’d have to poll hundreds of thousands if not millions of women for what I’d consider a proper surgery and stats that’d come out of it.
I don’t feel 2-3 a year on average is that high an estimate though. If for every hurtloam with 0 relationships there’s a woman with 48 a year. The actual average would be 24 a year. But more then likely hurtloam and that woman are minorities on opposite sides of the scale. Bunch of women will stay with one guy for years while others months. 4 relationships a year would be 4 3 month long short term relationships. Super doable. 2=2 six month relationships,3=3 4 month relationships. I see a lot of women on Facebook have multiple relationships each year. 2-3 again I feel is reasonable.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

hurtloam wrote:

I feel like I've got everything I can out of the forum and it's time for me to start my new single life.

Going pretty ok so far. There's more places yo meet up with people in the city and I've joined a gym and I've got some furniture restoration projects to do to keep me busy.

So it's bye from me. I may dip in again at another point. But probably not for the rest of 2017.

Au revoir.

I’ll miss you. I enjoyed our chats :(

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:33 am

hurtloam wrote:

Au revoir.

Boo, can you reset the WP.net counter of looking for a relationship women back to zero, please?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:32 am

314pe wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Au revoir.

Boo, can you reset the WP.net counter of looking for a relationship women back to zero, please?

Weren't there a couple of women looking for a relationship in this thread?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:11 am

I'll miss you, Hurtloam! :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 10:38 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
314pe wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Au revoir.

Weren't there a couple of women looking for a relationship in this thread?

I delegate this job to you.

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Seriously. I give up. Just find something else to focus your attention on. Not every one can find 'love' whatever the hell that's meant to be.

Well, you won't meet the person who's right for you if all you do is sit around and wait to get picked. That sort of thing went out in the 1980s. If you think a guy is cute, go and initiate convo with him. We love it when women do that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:26 am

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm

so long, hurtloam. :|

OP is gone, i think we may be done here.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.