Page 10 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 3:23 pm

^

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^

Interesting but this is about the issues register :wink: .

I am one of the 'lurkers' on hurtloam's threads.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 5:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
I accept reality which is something a lot of women need to do.

sly279 wrote:
I just want what everyone else got in their 20s that’s all I want

Wishing to turn back the clock is not "accepting reality" (I'm assuming the age next to your avatar is accurate, naturally.)

sly279 wrote:
If you extremely limit your dating pool you only blame yourself

...erm...
sly279 wrote:
I won’t date some $40-50 old
sly279 wrote:
woman 20-35
sly279 wrote:
with few past relationships

sly279 wrote:
Why would they date a chubby ok looking woman vs a actual model?

Because of this...
sly279 wrote:
to be truely wanted.

I had my first serious relationship this summer (Note: the forum has messed up my birthday somehow, I'm actually 47.)
She's over a decade older than me, has grown up children, etc.
I really, really enjoyed the, ahem...
sly279 wrote:
first experience excitement

Here's the rub.

Q1.) Is a "youthful excitement" relationship better than with someone older and more experienced?
A1.) I don't know, and I'm never going to know. Maybe nor are you.

Q2.) Was my relationship with an older woman better than when I was single and lonely?
A2.) Undoubtedly.

All that matters is whether the person you are with right now puts you in a happier place than you were in before. By idealising what you think a youthful relationship is like, you are cutting off the possibility of having a different kind of relationship, with a different kind of woman, that could be just as rewarding, albeit maybe in different ways.

As for your blatant ageism - I'll let you off, as really I do understand how passionate the frustration can make people, I felt it myself for several decades. :wink:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

Clakker wrote:

Interesting but this is about the issues register :wink: .

I am one of the 'lurkers' on hurtloam's threads.

Hello and welcome

Yes I know. There's no point doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I can't remember why I started this thread on such a grumpy note. I'm quite excited about beginning my new life in a new place.

I had a dream where this guy I used to like he led me move house and we had a nice time lsughkngvand joking and I woke up melancholy. Can't remember if that was the same day I started this thread.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:56 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

Wishing to turn back the clock is not "accepting reality" (I'm assuming the age next to your avatar is accurate, naturally.)

sly279 wrote:

...erm...
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
woman 20-35
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

Because of this...
sly279 wrote:
to be truely wanted.

I had my first serious relationship this summer (Note: the forum has messed up my birthday somehow, I'm actually 47.)
sly279 wrote:

Here's the rub.

Q1.) Is a "youthful excitement" relationship better than with someone older and more experienced?

Q2.) Was my relationship with an older woman better than when I was single and lonely?
A2.) Undoubtedly.

All that matters is whether the person you are with right now puts you in a happier place than you were in before. By idealising what you think a youthful relationship is like, you are cutting off the possibility of having a different kind of relationship, with a different kind of woman, that could be just as rewarding, albeit maybe in different ways.

As for your blatant ageism - I'll let you off, as really I do understand how passionate the frustration can make people, I felt it myself for several decades. :wink:

Good post

I understand Sky's wish to have someone new and excited by newfound love. I'd always had that ideal too.

But it doesn't bother me so much any more.

Sly you know how you're saying that if you are all a person needs personality wise then a job shouldn't matter. Also if a person is all you need then their age won't actually matter.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:41 pm

I love how getting older is seen as a moral failing on women's part.....

Even if you hook up with a young hot chick, she'll get older eventually.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 12:58 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Housing costs increased much more exponentially than wages.

50 years ago people would pay about 10% of their wage to cover housing cost - now a 50% is barely enough.

So that's why I don't own a house.
sly279 wrote:
Don’t need more then two min wage employed people and a ok appartment. Why do most women need multiple cars, a big house, vacations to Europe, etc. why
What’s somfreaking wrong with a happy simple life.

I've seen tons of women's dating profiles that say "I'm looking for a boyfriend who can travel with me" and then have lots of selfies of her all over Europe and Asia.

"I'me looking for someone who can travel with me" effectively means "I'm looking for someone can afford to travel with me". It excludes the lower class.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:06 am

Closet Genious wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Who's James Damore?

I posted a link further back in the thread. Keep up Pet. ;)

I wouldn't be defending him. His memo was rife with scientific accuracy.

Even if his assertions were true when averaged across the whole population that doesn't make them true when applied to individuals.

This is such a dumb statement I don't even know where to begin...

First of all, look up the studies, stop saying "even if".

The second part gets me like: Well of course! THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.
Well tell that to him. He's one the one using stupid generalizations. I'm sure plenty of women are bad with IT yet IT jobs tend to attract people with an interest in IT. That's likely to make them more IT savvy than the average woman.
Closet Genious wrote:
Jesus christ retro, you make my blood boil. :evil:
So?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:23 am

NorthWind wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
So why are women ok with being single? I can think of 4 possible answers.

1. Some have suggested that women who want a partner can get a partner easily, this would mean that the only women who remain single are those who want to be single. However, I don't believe this is true.

2. There are single women who do want a partner but they don't say so because they're afraid they'll be criticised by feminists. They've heard other women say "I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle" so they don't want to say they do need a man. They don't want to appear dependant.

3. It has been said that women are more choosy about when, if and with whom they enter a relationship because women bear a higher cost in producing offspring. I cannot confirm or deny this hypothesis, I can only say that I'd be terrified if someone was going to put a 5 pound parasite in me.

4. Maybe men feel a greater need to get a partner because our culture says that successful men have a partner (it does not say that about women). There's a lot of virgin shaming, mostly from men and occasionally from women. This shame might make a man who's only casually interested in getting a girlfriend desperate for a girlfriend.

2. is definitely true. I wouldn't mention being single and not because I might want to towards strangers for precisely this reason. Some feminists just don't react nicely to it at all and act like you are sabotaging their women's rights movement if you say you're not single because you want to and you're female.
It's also not necessarily good to mention it toward males. They'll usually not get mad at an involuntarily single woman but some may over interpret it.

Then they're shooting themselves in the foot. If I was single and a girl told me that she was lonely and wanted a boyfriend, I wouldn't be telling her how much harder it is for me to get a girlfriend, I'd be asking her out.

No wonder it's hard for these guys to get a girlfriend if they think meeting a single girl who wants a boyfriend is an opportunity to talk gender politics. Maybe that's why I've got a girlfriend and they don't 8)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:56 am

I have never mentioned this subject to a male in real life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:32 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
I love how getting older is seen as a moral failing on women's part.....

Even if you hook up with a young hot chick, she'll get older eventually.

Not what I meant

And that’s be fine as we’d age together at similar mentslmand relationship level.s
Women my age and older already had that relationship and don’t want it anymore they want the older serious relationship that I can’t provide. It’s a compatibility issue.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:37 am

hurtloam wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

...erm...
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
woman 20-35
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

Because of this...
sly279 wrote:
to be truely wanted.

sly279 wrote:

Here's the rub.

A2.) Undoubtedly.

Good post

I understand Sky's wish to have someone new and excited by newfound love. I'd always had that ideal too.

Sly you know how you're saying that if you are all a person needs personality wise then a job shouldn't matter. Also if a person is all you need then their age won't actually matter.

Not a lot of youthful energetic 40 old women who’ve never had a relationship though. Most women by 30 have had tons of relationships. Heck most have multiple kids by 25 around here. Finding older women with nonor few relationships who have a playful personality and are energetic and romantic and excited about love is hard if not impossible.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:03 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Trogluddite wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

...erm...
sly279 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
woman 20-35
sly279 wrote:

sly279 wrote:

Because of this...
sly279 wrote:
to be truely wanted.

sly279 wrote:

Here's the rub.

A2.) Undoubtedly.

Good post

Not a lot of youthful energetic 40 old women who’ve never had a relationship though. Most women by 30 have had tons of relationships. Heck most have multiple kids by 25 around here. Finding older women with nonor few relationships who have a playful personality and are energetic and romantic and excited about love is hard if not impossible.

So the problem isn't their age, the problem is that you want a girl who's never been in a relationship before? So you can be each other's first love?

In that case age has nothing to do with it. An 18 year old may already have had several relationships and a 30 year old may never had had one.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:04 am

sly279 wrote:
Just cause it’s a right doesn’t make it not wrong

That's true but I do not agree that it applies to this case.
sly279 wrote:
So I do think superficial women are wrong, it’s their right to be superficial and think they better then men, same as that kkk member has a right to think he’s better then colored people.

I'm not claiming that none of them thinks they're better than men, but just because I wouldn't date someone doesn't mean I think I'm too good for him. I'd rather not be with an extremely extroverted, extremely ambitious man. Those are the ones society may treat best and I don't think there's anything wrong with being like them, I just think I am not compatible with them and we have different goals and priorities in life.
Yes, if a woman is hateful towards every group of men she'd not date, that's wrong. If she just wouldn't date them, that's not.

sly279 wrote:
So don’t misunderstand me as saying they don’t have the right to be superficial and picky, but I also have the right to point out how it makes them a horrible person. Rights work both ways.

Of course you have a right to think so. And I have a right to disagree.

sly279 wrote:
I think most people would say a white person refusing to date colored people is racist and wrong. A lot of women are classist.

I'd not agree on that either. If a white person is just not attracted to e.g. the facial features of a particular race, that person has every right to date people he/she feels more attracted to. If a white person believes to be better or worth more or to deserve more rights due to their skin color that person is racist, but there's no obligation to date anyone. If you never felt attracted to a person of one particular race that doesn't mean you believe people of that race are inferior.

sly279 wrote:
But why do you feel you’d be happier alone then with a low paid guy?

I said a man working retail would NOT be a deal breaker for me. I feel happier alone than with a guy with absolutely no income and no intention to ever change anything about that though. Why? I'm neither good at dealing with stress nor at being an adult. I'm not taking full responsibility for two adult people. Stress makes me physically ill. I feel more happy if I'm not physically ill.
Mostly I was not talking about income when I said I'd not be with someone if I'd be happier alone. Happier alone could be due to incompatible personalities.

sly279 wrote:
I meet 90% of women’s list of requirements for their ideal guy except the job, car, etc.
So it seems if they take ou the superficial stuff I’d make them quite happy, I have the personality they want, and I’d make them laugh and smile all the time. Seems to me they’re only hurting themselves by rejecting their idea guy personality in search of that guy with a good job. If they gave me and other guys a chance they might find they’d be quite happy despite the lower paying job.

Different women have different lists of requirements. That you meet 90% of their list of requirements may be true for some of the women who rejected you, but it's not true for all women.
You could have been a good boyfriend for some of them if they had really gotten to know you, but dating sites will always be superficial because superficial things are the only things you can get good information about without having met someone in person yet and you don't have the time to meet everyone in person (too many men on dating sites).

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
[quote="RetroGamer87 wrote:
"] 2. is definitely true. I wouldn't mention being single and not because I might want to towards strangers for precisely this reason. Some feminists just don't react nicely to it at all and act like you are sabotaging their women's rights movement if you say you're not single because you want to and you're female.
It's also not necessarily good to mention it toward males. They'll usually not get mad at an involuntarily single woman but some may over interpret it.

Then they're shooting themselves in the foot. If I was single and a girl told me that she was lonely and wanted a boyfriend, I wouldn't be telling her how much harder it is for me to get a girlfriend, I'd be asking her out.

No wonder it's hard for these guys to get a girlfriend if they think meeting a single girl who wants a boyfriend is an opportunity to talk gender politics. Maybe that's why I've got a girlfriend and they don't 8)

I think you either misread what I wrote or I worded it wrongly or I'm misreading something now. I didn't say it was guys who try to talk gender politics (the gender politics is why I wouldn't mention it to women who may be feminists). Just that I would not want to seem desperate for a relationship towards a guy if I am not interested in this particular guy or if this is a bad time for me to start a relationship. He'd likely interpret it as a try to start a relationship with him or as an invitation for casual sex.
I was talking about reasons why, even involuntarily single women may be hesitant to mention it towards other people in general and thus why it may seem that they don't exist. If she's interested in this guy and too socially awkward to think of a better way to let him know she's interested, saying that she can't find a boyfriend and doesn't want to be single may not be the worst idea. It just can lead to awkward situations if mentioned to the wrong kind of guy and if she constantly mentions it she's bound to also mention it to the wrong kind of person.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 6:42 am

NorthWind wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
[quote="RetroGamer87 wrote:
"] 2. is definitely true. I wouldn't mention being single and not because I might want to towards strangers for precisely this reason. Some feminists just don't react nicely to it at all and act like you are sabotaging their women's rights movement if you say you're not single because you want to and you're female.

I think you either misread what I wrote or I worded it wrongly or I'm misreading something now. I didn't say it was guys who try to talk gender politics (the gender politics is why I wouldn't mention it to women who may be feminists). Just that I would not want to seem desperate for a relationship towards a guy if I am not interested in this particular guy or if this is a bad time for me to start a relationship. He'd likely interpret it as a try to start a relationship with him or as an invitation for casual sex.
I was talking about reasons why, even involuntarily single women may be hesitant to mention it towards other people in general and thus why it may seem that they don't exist. If she's interested in this guy and too socially awkward to think of a better way to let him know she's interested, saying that she can't find a boyfriend and doesn't want to be single may not be the worst idea. It just can lead to awkward situations if mentioned to the wrong kind of guy and if she constantly mentions it she's bound to also mention it to the wrong kind of person.

Oh. Now I get it. I thought you meant when a girl mentions she's single the guy will complain how he has it so much harder than her.