Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:04 pm

He's long spoken about the perversion in Hollywood.
He was right about the numbers during the 2016 election campaign and the media falsifying the polls (which is why it was such a surprise to everyone except Trump supporters that he won).
He was right about Fukushima.

Sure, he goes off the deep end. But a clock can be right twice a day.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:51 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
He was right about the numbers during the 2016 election campaign and the media falsifying the polls (which is why it was such a surprise to everyone except Trump supporters that he won).

To say that there are Hollywood perversions is like saying water is wet.
The media didn't actually falsify the polls, as Clinton won the popular vote - which was reflected by the polls.
I admit I don't know a thing about what he's said about Fukushima.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2017, 9:38 am

TheSpectrum wrote:

"There are loads of rich and famous and extroverted people out there who are just perverts who indulge themselves in illicit acts, like if they were above the law! Don't you believe it? Look at Hollywood"! How does this sound like a prophecy of sorts? It's just obvious.

It's in that regard that I said I've come to agree with him countless times. That's just what I think too, and at times it's just too obvious to disagree! The problem is how he frames and delivers his statements. Everything for him is linked to an evil conspiracy to imprison mankind, corrupt our souls and so on.

gabemai314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Solar System, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe

16 Nov 2017, 12:09 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
he overdosed on redpills.

LOL. :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:31 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

"There are loads of rich and famous and extroverted people out there who are just perverts who indulge themselves in illicit acts, like if they were above the law! Don't you believe it? Look at Hollywood"! How does this sound like a prophecy of sorts? It's just obvious.

It's in that regard that I said I've come to agree with him countless times. That's just what I think too, and at times it's just too obvious to disagree! The problem is how he frames and delivers his statements. Everything for him is linked to an evil conspiracy to imprison mankind, corrupt our souls and so on.

He is an entertainer, sensationalist and confirms some pretty poor biases.
It's his brand and livelihood. I think once somebody's able to look past that rather than dismiss it there are some points to take away from his shows on the odd occasion.

Attempting to de-legitimise him and others like him can be, as the NYT put it, dangerous.
It feeds into what he does.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

The media didn't actually falsify the polls, as Clinton won the popular vote - which was reflected by the polls.

The media were completely wrong about the polls and they did it to try and make less people vote for Trump. They said nothing about the popular vote before the election. They were ranging between 90-98% chance that Clinton would win the election, and they were hopelessly wrong.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 9:06 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

The media were completely wrong about the polls and they did it to try and make less people vote for Trump. They said nothing about the popular vote before the election. They were ranging between 90-98% chance that Clinton would win the election, and they were hopelessly wrong.

Everyone thought Trump was going to lose - - even Trump. He hadn't written a victory speech that night, and one had to be written for him on the spot. Anyone watching saw the "oh sh*t" look on his face, as he never really wanted to be in the White House. Now he's getting what he wished for, God help him.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 3:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

Everyone thought Trump was going to lose - - even Trump. He hadn't written a victory speech that night, and one had to be written for him on the spot. Anyone watching saw the "oh sh*t" look on his face, as he never really wanted to be in the White House. Now he's getting what he wished for, God help him.

I thought it might be possible he might win from just before the primaries because I have always lived in a Republican area, have an idea how they think, knew the growing resentment towered societal changes, know people are often afraid to say “Trumpian” type views.

I think it is possible he might win reelection, although this years election showed me I might be living in a bubble of my own underestimating the willingness of members of the resistence to not only to protest but to act by using local elections to make a statement and to run for office.

Screw him, God help us.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:07 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

I thought it might be possible he might win from just before the primaries because I have always lived in a Republican area, have an idea how they think, knew the growing resentment towered societal changes, know people are often afraid to say “Trumpian” type views.

I think it is possible he might win reelection, although this years election showed me I might be living in a bubble of my own underestimating the willingness of members of the resistence to not only to protest but to act by using local elections to make a statement and to run for office.

Screw him, God help us.

I think Trump's left whatever chance he's had of winning a second term in ruins. Then again, Democrats have always had the uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

Of course we wanted to win, he loves it. Clinton had one ready though and was seen celebrating. Then they tears of joy turned into tantrum tears and she locked herself away :P

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

Of course we wanted to win, he loves it. Clinton had one ready though and was seen celebrating. Then they tears of joy turned into tantrum tears and she locked herself away :P

Howard Stern, who's been Trump's friend for years and who knows Trump inside, out, says the last thing Trump wanted was to actually be President. He just wanted to drum up ratings for The Apprentice with his Presidential run. Now, not only is he stuck in the White House, but we're stuck with him, too.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:47 pm

All he said, she said. No evidence as usual. Don't care what Stern says. Well at least the rest of the world didn't get stuck with Hillary. Saved a lot of lives in Syria.

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2017, 2:59 pm

Alex Jones is entertaining if you go in knowing that he's out of his mind and 95% of the stuff he says is nonsense.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:18 pm

Do you like the Ottawa Senators?

We used to have a baseball team called the Washington Senators in the old days.

GoSensGo

22 Nov 2017, 3:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you like the Ottawa Senators?

We used to have a baseball team called the Washington Senators in the old days.

Yeah I'm a big Sens fan haha

Being from Queens do you go Islanders or Rangers? Or neither?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:55 pm

I was an Islanders fan in the late 70s and 80s. The championship years.

But, throughout my life, I've been mostly a Rangers fan.