Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,654
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Nov 2017, 12:15 pm

All the street dogs are being shot or poisoned.All of them.
This link has disturbing images but also a petition to sign.
https://networkforanimals.org/jordan-is ... e-country/


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,674

14 Nov 2017, 3:44 pm

Does anyone know if the Al-Quran promotes killing of dogs and swine as they are declared "unclean" in their holy book? Once again cultural phobias usurp morality/ethics, as a dog owner it's very confronting to view those images even if they are stray dogs



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,432
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Nov 2017, 4:02 pm

That's f*****g disgusting...and of course religion is being used to justify it, absolutely disgusting....I will sign the petition.

Though I would point out Australia is doing much the same thing to cats, haven't seen any horrific pictures like the ones provided in the link in regards to that yet. They aren't justifying it with religion however, but yeah still very inhumane.


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.


Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,288
Location: Alola

14 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm

Disgusting.

Poor dogs.


_________________
"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." -Dr. Seuss

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,449
Location: America

14 Nov 2017, 9:04 pm

I'm not justifying this in any way. But I think if they were rats, no one would care. And if they were hyenas or jackals, people would probably care a lot less. And really don't most countries like the US have animal control and dog pounds where dogs are "put to sleep" by the hundreds?


_________________
Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.


jonny23
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 522
Location: Sol System/Third Rock/USA

14 Nov 2017, 10:08 pm

Yea, we kill rats, squirrels, groundhogs, gophers and mice by the millions and billions. Cows, pigs, sheep and chickens too.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,432
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

14 Nov 2017, 10:19 pm

jonny23 wrote:
Yea, we kill rats, squirrels, groundhogs, gophers and mice by the millions and billions. Cows, pigs, sheep and chickens too.


So that means it's ok to go around shooting stray dogs?


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,654
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Nov 2017, 10:31 pm

jonny23 wrote:
Yea, we kill rats, squirrels, groundhogs, gophers and mice by the millions and billions. Cows, pigs, sheep and chickens too.

Animals raised for food should have a life before slaughter and be raised humanly.
Predators also kill in the wild,to eat or protect their territory,offspring,mate,not to just kill.
There are live traps for vermin.
Greece has stray dogs,they deal with it differently.
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/06/gree ... r-by-many/


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,654
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm not justifying this in any way. But I think if they were rats, no one would care. And if they were hyenas or jackals, people would probably care a lot less. And really don't most countries like the US have animal control and dog pounds where dogs are "put to sleep" by the hundreds?

Most are trying to switch to no kill shelters.
I don't have a problem with hyenas or jackals.Predators are good for a healthy ecosystem.It can be problematic when they raid livestock and I can understand why nuisance animals would be shot.
Rats aren't a problem here for me,we have wood rats and they are rather cute.Except for when they chew the spark plug wires off the car.I'm not going to exterminate them for that.Peppermint oil works well as a repellant or keep the hood up in a garage.If you had an infestation in an apartment building that's different.Rats chewing wiring could burn the whole thing down and adjoining structures.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,449
Location: America

14 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
jonny23 wrote:
Yea, we kill rats, squirrels, groundhogs, gophers and mice by the millions and billions. Cows, pigs, sheep and chickens too.


So that means it's ok to go around shooting stray dogs?


What's being said is, shooting stray dogs in Jordan is pest control the same as exterminating other mammals such as rats and mice. Plus over 600,000 dogs are put to death in the US each year as a means of pest control. So what is Jordan really guilty of compared to anywhere else that practices animal control?


_________________
Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,449
Location: America

14 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm not justifying this in any way. But I think if they were rats, no one would care. And if they were hyenas or jackals, people would probably care a lot less. And really don't most countries like the US have animal control and dog pounds where dogs are "put to sleep" by the hundreds?

Most are trying to switch to no kill shelters.
I don't have a problem with hyenas or jackals.Predators are good for a healthy ecosystem.It can be problematic when they raid livestock and I can understand why nuisance animals would be shot.
Rats aren't a problem here for me,we have wood rats and they are rather cute.Except for when they chew the spark plug wires off the car.I'm not going to exterminate them for that.Peppermint oil works well as a repellant or keep the hood up in a garage.If you had an infestation in an apartment building that's different.Rats chewing wiring could burn the whole thing down and adjoining structures.


Well the whole thing in Jordan was set off by a little girl dying because she was attacked by a rabid stray dog. Really it seems like they had inefficient animal control in the past. I'm guessing they don't have a spay and neuter system like we do either. I definitely do not like the idea of dogs being killed. But I don't see the people of Jordan doing it because they are inhumane monsters or whatever.


_________________
Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,654
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Nov 2017, 11:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm not justifying this in any way. But I think if they were rats, no one would care. And if they were hyenas or jackals, people would probably care a lot less. And really don't most countries like the US have animal control and dog pounds where dogs are "put to sleep" by the hundreds?

Most are trying to switch to no kill shelters.
I don't have a problem with hyenas or jackals.Predators are good for a healthy ecosystem.It can be problematic when they raid livestock and I can understand why nuisance animals would be shot.
Rats aren't a problem here for me,we have wood rats and they are rather cute.Except for when they chew the spark plug wires off the car.I'm not going to exterminate them for that.Peppermint oil works well as a repellant or keep the hood up in a garage.If you had an infestation in an apartment building that's different.Rats chewing wiring could burn the whole thing down and adjoining structures.


Well the whole thing in Jordan was set off by a little girl dying because she was attacked by a rabid stray dog. Really it seems like they had inefficient animal control in the past. I'm guessing they don't have a spay and neuter system like we do either. I definitely do not like the idea of dogs being killed. But I don't see the people of Jordan doing it because they are inhumane monsters or whatever.

Yes it is inhumane.How many family pets did they accidentally kill?
Greece also has no spay or neuter program but they manage the stray dog problem humanly.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,654
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Nov 2017, 11:12 pm

From a Jordanian citizen.
https://myammanlife.com/2017/09/21/why- ... jis-story/
News from Jordan.
http://en.royanews.tv/news/12423/2017-11-14


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,449
Location: America

14 Nov 2017, 11:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm not justifying this in any way. But I think if they were rats, no one would care. And if they were hyenas or jackals, people would probably care a lot less. And really don't most countries like the US have animal control and dog pounds where dogs are "put to sleep" by the hundreds?

Most are trying to switch to no kill shelters.
I don't have a problem with hyenas or jackals.Predators are good for a healthy ecosystem.It can be problematic when they raid livestock and I can understand why nuisance animals would be shot.
Rats aren't a problem here for me,we have wood rats and they are rather cute.Except for when they chew the spark plug wires off the car.I'm not going to exterminate them for that.Peppermint oil works well as a repellant or keep the hood up in a garage.If you had an infestation in an apartment building that's different.Rats chewing wiring could burn the whole thing down and adjoining structures.


Well the whole thing in Jordan was set off by a little girl dying because she was attacked by a rabid stray dog. Really it seems like they had inefficient animal control in the past. I'm guessing they don't have a spay and neuter system like we do either. I definitely do not like the idea of dogs being killed. But I don't see the people of Jordan doing it because they are inhumane monsters or whatever.

Yes it is inhumane.How many family pets did they accidentally kill?
Greece also has no spay or neuter program but they manage the stray dog problem humanly.


The United States kills over 600,000 dogs a year, that's a fact according to the ASPCA. If a stray pet dog gets captured by animal control, and is not claimed, it is killed. And I'm sure that happens a lot. There's really no difference in what Jordan is doing. Jordan has killed like 500 dogs. Your homeland has kills 2.7 million dogs and cats a year.


_________________
Level 2 moderate/severe nonverbal autism.


Last edited by EzraS on 14 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,662
Location: The end of the northwest passage

14 Nov 2017, 11:31 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
jonny23 wrote:
Yea, we kill rats, squirrels, groundhogs, gophers and mice by the millions and billions. Cows, pigs, sheep and chickens too.


So that means it's ok to go around shooting stray dogs?


What's being said is, shooting stray dogs in Jordan is pest control the same as exterminating other mammals such as rats and mice. Plus over 600,000 dogs are put to death in the US each year as a means of pest control. So what is Jordan really guilty of compared to anywhere else that practices animal control?


They don't have Western prudishness, so they do it out in the open instead of behind closed doors.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet