Seeing a concert with someone and not sure how to

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2017, 8:11 pm

I am a very big fan of this band. I ALWAYS see them when they come to my city and I look forward to it. They are doing a special show that you could only win tickets to no way to buy them. I won 2 like everyone else could have but I have no one to go with.

So I went on an online forum for fans of the band. I post here often I guess I feel comfortable since it's the internet.
I see several posts hoping someone has an extra not taken by a friend. People are even offering hundreds of dollars for a ticket. You got them for free if you win I do not agree with scalping. Anyway I picked one post and I have promised to meet him in front of the venue with the ticket for free. He is very happy and says he will buy me drinks.

So I guess we are seeing the show "together". He might not even know anyone else inside who won tickets. The venue only holds a few hundred people it is very small which is why everyone wants in. I know this is probably normal social stuff for most people. You talk with someone maybe make a new friend but I have lots of anixity now.

I like going alone to shows. I feel like now I have to talk to someone all night and I will seem weird maybe I can not really focus and enjoy the show because I am worried about talking when the music takes a break. I don't really drink and I am driving home so I plan to just accept one beer at the start. The show will be several hours so I think I will be ok to drive. I could say no flat out and probably fine but I do sort of want to get to know other people and being the guy who does not drink kind of makes you odd no?

I have even thought maybe I should not have said anything so the ticket goes to waste but I don't have to do this. But if I was this guy I would want so badly to go. As a fan of the band I can't let this ticket go to waste so many people would love to have it. I gave him my phone number so in my mind I am committed and I have given my word. I can not back out now I would hate to have that done to me.

So I guess I am asking first do you think this means this person will now want to hang out sometimes and how do I be polite and social at the show? I feel like what I am doing here does not lead to a casual one time meeting with this person. Especially since this band is not hugely popular you see the same people at the shows. It would be odd for him not to talk to me all the time now I think. Who knows I might like him I have had friends before just not in many years. I feel out of practice with it all.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm

...Who"s the band? :) 8)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!