School said Autistic hurt in fall, he was body slammed

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 1:29 am

Video shows autistic student body-slammed, injured at Lakeview school

Quote:
The mother of a student with autism said her son was attacked at school, and video posted on social media shows the teen being body-slammed by another student.

Gabrielle George said everyone at his school knows her 14-year-old son TJ has autism. He has won numerous medals at the Special Olympics and functions well enough to go to public school.

But she said on Monday, TJ's school called to say he'd fallen on the floor while goofing off with another student. Then she heard a different story from other parents and students. George said TJ had a separated shoulder and head trauma. She said the school failed to report how serious the incident was until she saw video on social media.

"What actually happened to my son was completely opposite the story that I was told. Had I known that, I would have immediately come and got him. He should have been immediately taken to the hospital," she said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman