Serially abusive teacher repeatedly hired

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 1:40 am

Mother says son with autism was sprayed with Lysol by teacher

Quote:
A mother told WSBTV that a teacher sprayed her autistic son with Lysol multiple times and was never reprimanded for assaulting her special-needs child.

Kimberly Risby told WSBTV’s Carl Willis that she was sickened by this. The teacher denies it ever happened, but she's already resigned from her position.

Risby said she was surprised by the response she got from a school leader.

"He said, ‘I'm so sorry. I thought it stopped,'" Risby said.

Willis spoke with Noland over the phone Tuesday night.

She said she never sprayed any child, only sprayed in the air and sprayed herself after J.R. sneezed in her face.

Willis also contacted Atlanta Public Schools over the allegations. In a statement, they confirmed that “Ms. Noland resigned in lieu of termination as the result of an investigation that confirmed she sprayed Lysol on students."

According to DeKalb County Schools, Noland was hired there in June, but resigned from her position in September for unknown reasons.

DeKalb schools told Willis she did not work with special-needs students there.

"It's a huge concern and one of the things I was wary about sending him to school. I'm hurt, I’m bothered, I’m outraged," Kimberly said.

A records search shows Noland may already be back in another school in Fulton County. She declined to comment on her current employment when Willis asked her.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 10:01 am

I wonder what kind of background the teacher had...

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on November 16, 2017)