No 37%  37%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 30

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 5:11 am

the_phoenix wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I believe this is more of a coordination issue than an autism issue.
A lot of people with autism also have developmental coordination disorder.
But many others don't have coordination problems at all because they don't also have DCD or similar.

Well, I'm coordinated enough that I can dance and enjoy it.
But when it comes to fine motor skills with my hands,
forget about it.

I can't sew by hand although I've tried and really wish I could, my painting style is loose and abstract rather than fine-detailed representational realism, I have trouble signing my paintings so I just use my initials and even that is hard to do without messing up the painting, and yeah, I drop silverware.

I had thought it was related to autism ... I could be wrong.

Well I could be wrong too, I'm just surmising. In my case my dyspraxia and my autism overlap quite a lot.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Nov 2017, 6:35 am

That's funny - I'm quite good at hand sewing but spill drinks and drop silverware on daily basis. It's like I can concentrate only on one thing and if I stop focusing on holding my fork (like, focus on the conversation at the table), I forget it and drop it.
Learned to joke on it and not to worry about spilled drinks, plams and broken dishes. Tend to choose my devices cheap and sturdy if possible, my last cell phone was a Samsung Solid that endured almost 10 years with me until the battery died beyond repair :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>