The US is becoming like the Soviet Union

Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 56271.html

The US Justice Department demanding that Russia Today register as a foreign agent is utterly insane and shows the establishment in the US is having a nervous breakdown, caused by Trump's victory last year.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

Isn't RT completely owned by the Russian government? I wouldn't call it "insane" to label it a foreign agent, although it does seem a bit pointless.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 7:02 pm

That isn't the reason at all. It's because there's a lot of truths on RT and the US has this deranged paranoia about Russia.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

As I understand it, Putin has already pushed for a bill in Russia in which all American media will have to register with the Kremlin as foreign agents. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
With Putin, we have every reason to be paranoid, neo-fascist strongman with intelligence ingenuity that he is.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 9:41 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
That isn't the reason at all. It's because there's a lot of truths on RT and the US has this deranged paranoia about Russia.

Only a certain demographic of the US has a deranged paranoia about Russia.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 9:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It's not deranged if it's true.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As I understand it, Putin has already pushed for a bill in Russia in which all American media will have to register with the Kremlin as foreign agents. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
With Putin, we have every reason to be paranoid, neo-fascist strongman with intelligence ingenuity that he is.

Why are you starting the story in the middle? The US started it. Anyone who takes the mainstream media propaganda seriously would be paranoid.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It's not deranged if it's true.

I guess Howard Hughes could have used that line.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:05 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why are you starting the story in the middle? The US started it. Anyone who takes the mainstream media propaganda seriously would be paranoid.

Why are you so dead set on taking Russia's side against free societies everywhere?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 2:51 pm

I'm not the one taking sides, I'm just being logical and reasonable. I look at the evidence and the claims from both sides. I showed that the US is hardly a 'free' country if it's going to try and take down media that reports alternative views and facts it doesn't like. So you tried to turn it on me because you're losing the argument.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I'm not the one taking sides, I'm just being logical and reasonable. I look at the evidence and the claims from both sides. I showed that the US is hardly a 'free' country if it's going to try and take down media that reports alternative views and facts it doesn't like. So you tried to turn it on me because you're losing the argument.

Alternative views? You can have an alternative view that an apple is really a turkey drumstick, but it's still an apple.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:00 pm

Yes. Have you ever watched RT? Cause you aren't informed enough to have an opinion on this subject if you haven't watched hours of it and all its different shows.

The reason the US has a problem with Russia is because they ruined their plans in Syria.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:13 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Yes. Have you ever watched RT? Cause you aren't informed enough to have an opinion on this subject if you haven't watched hours of it and all its different shows.

The reason the US has a problem with Russia is because they ruined their plans in Syria.

RT? Is that supposed to be Russian television? Which is state controlled, as I recollect.
No, Americans dislike Russia because Putin has been trying to undermine our influence everywhere, whether it's to get us out of international treaties, or to leave NATO.
And I hardly think Putin's intentions in Syria are all that altruistic. He doesn't give a damn about Syrian refugees. Just how many refugees has Russia taken in from Syria?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

RT? Is that supposed to be Russian television? Which is state controlled, as I recollect.
No, Americans dislike Russia because Putin has been trying to undermine our influence everywhere, whether it's to get us out of international treaties, or to leave NATO.
And I hardly think Putin's intentions in Syria are all that altruistic. He doesn't give a damn about Syrian refugees. Just how many refugees has Russia taken in from Syria?

Russia Today. Has a lot of Americans on there. State owned, not state controlled. They have presenters on there critical of Russia at times. There is zero evidence for that. Despite all Trump's rhetoric about leaving NATO, he's done nothing of the sort. He wants other countries to pay their way. Nothing to do with Russia. And NATO was meant to be about the Cold War which ended nearly 30 years ago. He didn't want there to be Syrian refugees! Who wants refugees? He's defeated Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 8:36 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Russia Today. Has a lot of Americans on there. State owned, not state controlled. They have presenters on there critical of Russia at times. There is zero evidence for that. Despite all Trump's rhetoric about leaving NATO, he's done nothing of the sort. He wants other countries to pay their way. Nothing to do with Russia. And NATO was meant to be about the Cold War which ended nearly 30 years ago. He didn't want there to be Syrian refugees! Who wants refugees? He's defeated Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Without refugees, there wouldn't be an America. Today's Syrian refugees will be tomorrow's Americans.
There is a need for NATO, especially if and when Putin decides to move tanks into former Soviet republics and satellites.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Without refugees, there wouldn't be an America. Today's Syrian refugees will be tomorrow's Americans.
There is a need for NATO, especially if and when Putin decides to move tanks into former Soviet republics and satellites.

So you want people to be bombed out if their country's? Without a genocide there wouldn't be a US. Nope, they can live in their home country of Syria. The only people moving troops etc is NATO, around the Russian border.