Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

I don't know if I am putting all of this in my head due to having Aspergers Syndrome but I have been feeling overwhelmed or stressed or not giving myself time to recover and mentally and physically pushing myself to ''keep up'' sorry about so much information but I want to make sure with replies if I am taking on way to much for a Aspie I should almost mention I have Anxiety,depression,OCD,Bipolar also

1.) my mother had a seizure and nearly died while I was in the emergency room with my father and I seen her in near death condition I took four days off to ''recover'' but that didn't really do anything

2.) my dog was sick with a small infection for weeks it wasn't a life threat but just stressing myself out for weeks knocked me out

3.) I work 29 hours or 30 at burger king working on the grill and cleaning but what stresses me out is not so much the work itself but the hurry up beat the clock fast paced stressful environment and not being able to read faces in the kitchen and body language I take myself seriously often and am very detailed with responses but don't really fit in

4.) I am trying to keep in touch and contact with a woman I have been talking to but she is always busy with her four kids and we don't talk or meet up often but I have always stressed myself out with women and dating taking myself to serious and or being paranoid all around

5.) The last is financial although I live at home I still pull my own weight and run my own life we are all just mixed in doing our own thing but I feel along with my dad we have to micromanage finances and everything that goes on in general

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm

Firstly, sorry to hear your mother had a seizure. I hope she's better now. That would be enough stress right there for me.

As for a dog having a minor infection, that would personally not stress me out in a major way. I would think positively that the dog is likely to get well as long as the vet's instructions were followed.

Working in Burger King can be stressful with all the shouting back and forth employees tend to do in a burger place ... I've seen it in McDonald's and Five Guys. That said, that kind of behavior is nothing personal against you. Which you probably already know quite well, am just saying it because you reminded me of a lady I knew who worked in McDonald's and I had to explain to her that what she was experiencing was just a normal part of the job and no big deal. And yes, it is beat the clock. Just the nature of the fast food business.

I wish you the best with your girlfriend. She likes you, yes? Hope you can be comfortable around her.

Finances are definitely tight these days, and not just with you or your family. Here's hoping things improve for us all.

Question:

What kinds of things do you do to relax?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 12:44 pm

Hello

Your question seems to be, 'have you taken on too much for an Aspie?' I don't know, do you think you're about to break?

You have a lot of things going on at the moment, but have you been less anxious at other times. For me, my anxiety is often not connected to the level of the problem, any problem can become enormous because I'm anxious. At other times I can deal with problems more proportionally.

I have found prioretising the anxiety very helpful, whatever the problem or situation, I ask myself what will be best for my anxiety. A side effect is it is helping with my difficulty in making decisions :) I have had to be careful that I am looking at the long term low anxiety, rather than the immediate, that would just lead to avoiding life which in the long turn would cause me more anxiety.

Understanding and getting on with work colleagues has always been the hardest part of every job. I would be able to work more hours if I didn't find struggling to read their minds so hard.

Good luck with the girlfriend :heart:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran