Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:51 pm

Most people get on my nerves. I can't stand the "precious little people" of the world. I hate how people just gush over the ultra popular people whether at church, school, or work. I find people who have had everything handed to them are only successful because they have wealthy, well connected family members.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:46 pm

although, to be fair, not only do i find almost everyone annoying. almost all the time

but i also find myself annoying too

b/c:

ain't got no job
no job skills
only had minimum wage jobs, and got fired

thus, too much free time. and not much to do with it. and can't contribute to society or economic cycle, financially. significantly

lazy a lot
greedy a lot

too emotionally fragile

angry

hateful

fruitloop42
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2017, 1:16 am

One thing I find really annoying is when I tell someone something like "I need periods of being alone and quiet to recharge" and they say "oh yes, I'm the same!" Or I say "I don't like to talk before 10am" and they say "oh yes me too!", but then they'll come find me and start asking me inane questions at 9am. Then I think well you're clearly not the same. So why even bother saying you're the same? Why don't you understand that I REALLY don't want to make random conversation when I've only been awake for an hour? I'm not just saying this for something fun to say, I'm saying this because it's really true. How else am I supposed to say it? "GO AWAY AND SHUT UP IF IT'S BEFORE 10AM?"

Also when I say something like "I have trouble remembering things and I lose things all the time" and they say "oh yes I do that as well, it's normal." I know they're trying to be nice and make me feel like it's not a big deal, but it is a big deal and having someone say it's not is frustrating.

I also find myself incredibly annoying at times.

Last edited by fruitloop42 on 20 Nov 2017, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 1:23 am

I have had times when people were annoyed by me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:21 am

Many times someone found me annoying

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:35 am

No,
I don't think most people are annoying, however, do I think people can be that way? Yes!

People who I find annoying
1. People who are supercilious or stuck up
2. People who have know-it-all attitudes
3. People who ask me lots of empty questions
4. People who are nosy
5. People who think very little of us as nothing more than "Children" because they are ill-educated or mis-informed
6. People who live on the spectrum who use their autism as an excuse for the reason why their lives suck
7. People who live with autism and complain about neurodiversity while having ableist attitudes

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:41 am

Not necessarily. The only people I find really annoying are the ones that won't stop bugging me, no matter how much I keep hinting towards preferring to be left alone.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Not necessarily. The only people I find really annoying are the ones that won't stop bugging me, no matter how much I keep hinting towards preferring to be left alone.

Oh yeah, those too.

That happened to me three years ago and I will not go into it but it ended up resulted in me politely saying "Shut up and leave me alone" in so many words which were, "Excuse me, I am trying to have a conversation" in a very firm manner.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:15 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
No,
I don't think most people are annoying, however, do I think people can be that way? Yes!

4. People who are nosy
5. People who think very little of us as nothing more than "Children" because they are ill-educated or mis-informed

The Bible Belt in a nutshell.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm

Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
No,

4. People who are nosy

There are some annoying people in the places of worship in general and that seems to be everywhere. What I find annoying is that you have to "Fit into some mold" just to attend or you get stigmatized. Those kinds of people tend to have lots of "Unwritten rules" that you are expected to follow. If you are social blind to those rules then there is something wrong with you.

This happened in a small group that I tried to get involved with through the church's single's Sunday school group. Since I didn't know what the rules were, I did some things that the group's leader didn't approve of. When they punished me, I was bullied by having one woman, who normally made no effort to give me ride by having her pick me up so the leader could punish me. After that, she didn't want to give me a ride home and became very snotty with me post that interaction.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

At some times, someone had the nerve to tell me that I was "annoying" or "distracting"

Some of them are so arrogant, that anyone and anything they do not like, they label as "annoying"

:D

A disproportionate number of them are drama queens

Thespian, theater, drama, acting

Emotions

Everything is "great", "cool", "unfortunate", "sorry" or "why?"

It's like.... :mrgreen: then what :?:

And I am much more emotionally fragile than I want to be. And when I avoid everyone altogether, sometimes that makes me feel better

In the long run

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:52 pm

The only consolation is that most annoying people find most people annoying, too. :wink:

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2017, 6:38 pm

I agree with most of what has been said here. I find most people annoying. I think others could see me as a “know it all” because I prefer to talk about something real. Most people, I find, like to go out of there way to make trouble for other people. They are not paying attention, and are closed minded as well as judgemental. Simply accepting virtually all textbooks, media, Dr.s opinions and accepted beliefs, etc. as FACT, without requiring any explanations or proof. Also even here in Canada many people, including police, do not follow the rules of the road. Also many peoples lives revolve around drinking alcohol.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 6:54 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
No,

4. People who are nosy

There are some annoying people in the places of worship in general and that seems to be everywhere. What I find annoying is that you have to "Fit into some mold" just to attend or you get stigmatized. Those kinds of people tend to have lots of "Unwritten rules" that you are expected to follow. If you are social blind to those rules then there is something wrong with you.

This happened in a small group that I tried to get involved with through the church's single's Sunday school group. Since I didn't know what the rules were, I did some things that the group's leader didn't approve of. When they punished me, I was bullied by having one woman, who normally made no effort to give me ride by having her pick me up so the leader could punish me. After that, she didn't want to give me a ride home and became very snotty with me post that interaction.

Why am I not surprised? I actually spent a summer going to a bible study and I never felt like I fit in. The guys just wanted to talk about sports, shooter games, and the tv show Lost while my interest in anime and games like Street Fighter just got me "Huh?" and "Nah!" type responses. The girls grouped together and they didn't share anything in common with me. I stopped going sometime before the summer ended and I wish I had my time from that summer back.

I, too, went to a singles group that was a part of the church that the bible study was also a part of and it was an immediate disappointment from the moment I walked in. No one greeted me for starters. In fact, I got indifferent stares from the get go. I sat down and someone started to talk to me but he asked me about sports immediately and when I said I didn't play any, he looked surprised. I already felt like the odd man out and none of the girls there were available to talk to. My mother tried to encourage me to talk about music but it was too late because a good number of the people there went into another part of the area to watch a movie so I just left.

That's horrible how those people treated you. Did you ever get back at them?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:11 pm

yes

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

Depends on the context. If I can politely interact with people and limit my time around them, I don't mind. No one really does anything that annoys me that badly over, say, Christmas dinner or when I'm out shopping. Other settings like online dating or parties have many more things that I find aggravating to put up with. I don't like liars and I think it's uncomfortable when drunk strangers get really emotional around me or get into fights.