Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 10:07 am

I tend to think people are annoying—especially young adults like me. By people, I mean people I don’t know well...I choose my friends wisely, and they’re not annoying.

Robert2P1CT
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

Yes, most NT people are annoying. People on the spectrum are more interesting than annoying. :)

As far as the generational differences, I don't find solace in any generation. However, I love passionate people regardless of their professed ideologies or age. ASD makes us passionate and hungry for changing the world because we tend to take things seriously and literally. We are very passionate, and we want to rock the boat to make things better for our ASD children. For me, most (not all) NT people are boring stiffs that lack passion.

"Annoying" is another reason why many of us self-isolate and find solace within inside. I'm sitting at Starbucks right now and I have secured my favorite dark corner, BUT I have no interest in talking with anyone. I did ask the name of one of their outstanding and warm middle-aged employees that I intend to praise and commend online to Starbucks corporate. She is one of the few faces that I find refreshing and filled with warmth.

Best regards and have a great day to all here. :)

EQ = 16

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

I find most people annoy me at some point, though not always.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

I limit my contact with people to avoid too much anxiety, so it's mostly people's incessant noise that annoys me the most. I just can't understand their aversion to silence; music blaring all the time, over-revving their car/bike engine for no reason other than for attention, shouting when they could easily just have spoken, talking when they have nothing to say or are repeating themselves.

That's why I like the night-time, when they're all unconscious is the only peaceful time when my thoughts aren't constantly being muddled by the racket.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:44 pm

I find a lot of people annoying but don't necessarily think they're annoying people or intend to be annoying.
It's just that I have the burden of having my brain wired a certain way.

Concordia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2017, 11:18 pm

Yep, can't really handle small talk. Hence why I don't talk unless there's something to say.

Current playthrough: The Evil Within 2
PS4 platinum playthrough: FFXII The Zodiac Age

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 5:03 am

Yes.

I find an equal amount of people annoying, both NT and aspie. I didn’t leave the house today because I couldn’t be bothered dealing with them.

I’m pretty intolerant, though. I struggle with aggression.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 8:49 am

Almost everyone that I have ever interacted with, for longer than a brief amount, I find annoying

Yes that includes myself

NT and autistic

All ages

Men, women, Gender Non Conforming

All races

Almost everyone has this "holier than thou" attitude almost all the time

:cry:

Even the ones that act nice

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 1:15 pm

The most annoying thing I encounter in conversations with NT people is that, no matter how matter of fact my contribution to the conversation is, they will nearly always read a value/moral judgement into it. I have come a cropper many times when I'm just offering up an alternative viewpoint in what I think is a neutral way, only to be accused of taking the "wrong side" of the argument. If I want people to know whether I think something is a good or bad thing, I would tell them this explicitly, otherwise I am offering it up purely to try and make the conversation more interesting.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

Yes, unfortunately. Conversation is not my thing. I can do it, but prefer not to. I love silence & solitude.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:56 am

They talk too much

They talk too loudly

They half listen when I talk. Then they grunt "what?". Like that is the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me"

They are impatient and unwilling to wait. Even for the water fountain

They have a "holier than thou" attitude

They make superficial comments "nice shoes"

Whenever you do something they do not like they say "why", as if you have to justify it to them

They call me "n***a", even though I ain't black. If I called them "n***a" then you can't imagine the response

Whenever you do something they do not like they say it's "disrespectful". They make a big deal. They act like they have never done anything wrong before. They act like you invented the world's worst crime

They let their dogs off leash. That is illegal.

They act so innocent

They call themselves "people", "we", or "most people". As though they overpower you because they outnumber you

They act like whatever they want (or. A light) is the most important thing in the world. And you should stop jogging just to give it to them

They say "are you ok". Like they can and will help

They ask :roll: none of your business :roll: questions

They correct every slightest thing you say. They miss the point

They expect you to believe everything they say

They make comments about your appearance

They remark on what you are eating and how you are eating it

They have the nerve to physically touch you

:idea:

They are not worth the cost benefit analysis :cry: usually

They make plans and break them. Or just don't show up

They act like it's perfectly normal to flake

They say "you got mad". As if "mad" is an emotion

It's "angry"

And maybe the anger is justified

They say "girl", to refer to adult females, but they do not say "boy" to call adult males

They drive impatiently and almost hit pedestrians

When they do the slightest :lol: nice :jester: thing, they act like they physically dragged your corpse out of a burning building

Some of them blame their homophobia on the victim

:skull: they are way too dramatic :ninja:

Theatrical

Emotional rollercoaster

:lol:

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

Yes.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:13 am

I work in a transportation related job and find Warehouse Workers consistently annoying. This is to bad because I sometimes consider certifying to drive Forklift, but I can't see working around warehouse people.

Also, there have been many times where a group of such people makes what is at most a mildly amusing comment and those nearby respond with loud hysterical laughter. Maybe it's an inside joke and has more meaning to them, but I doubt it.

I swear it's like they're intoxicated sometimes.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 4:31 pm

At Lucky's grocery store, an employee had the nerve to ask "you going pay for that, right?"

Wtf :cry:

It was still in the paid area. Made no attempt to conceal

If I was smart, I would have tattled on him

Wrongful accusation

Harassment

Racism, sexism, homophobia, classism

But maybe he is the manager

Maybe he is having sex with the manager

And maybe the manager would not care or would not believe me

Precious lil "people" are so annoying

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:39 pm

These precious lil people work with me too.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:51 pm

Most people get on my nerves. I can't stand the "precious little people" of the world. I hate how people just gush over the ultra popular people whether at church, school, or work. I find people who have had everything handed to them are only successful because they have wealthy, well connected family members.