Call this number if suicidal or having suicidal thoughts.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

theclash123
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2017, 10:45 pm

Please call 1-800-273-8255 if you're feeling suicidal or having suicidal thoughts. This is a national suicide prevention hotline and they are there to help.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm

There's also an online chat, if talking on the phone is hard for you.

http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:39 pm

The online information could merit a thread of its own, given how many AS people dislike telephone interaction even when at their best. Few helpline providers seem to realise this, and I wonder if they need education around it.

Is there a similar online service in the UK where people can interact via a message system?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm

B19 wrote:
The online information could merit a thread of its own, given how many AS people dislike telephone interaction even when at their best. Few helpline providers seem to realise this, and I wonder if they need education around it.

Is there a similar online service in the UK where people can interact via a message system?

Should I make a separate thread for it? I've used the one I posted (although honestly it wasn't very helpful for me personally), but I don't know heaps about it, and I haven't looked to see if there are similar things in other countries. I can see what I can find, though.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:47 pm

I think that would be very useful, and the thread could be used to build up a data bank of online communication suicidal support in different countries for our members.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm

theclash123 wrote:
Please call 1-800-273-8255 if you're feeling suicidal or having suicidal thoughts. This is a national suicide prevention hotline and they are there to help.

They are there to help...

Sure they are...

Is that my number to call when things are looking bleak?

Am I going to be routed to they?

OMG actually check this out, everyone is like preaching about consent?

Where was my consent to be raped by they?

I am sure they are all into help...

The help you deserve...