What kinds of restaurants do you like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 12:58 pm

I like Italian, Mexican, and Vietnamese food. I also eat fast food sometimes, but I can’t stand McDonalds, Taco Bell, or any other place that uses bad meat. I don’t really like Chinese food for some reason.

As for atmosphere, I prefer “cute” places...small and comfortable.

What kind of restaurants do you like?

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm

I much prefer cafes. I don't like the formal quality of restaurants. Cafes are more open, more easygoing, often have better food at a better price anyway, and make an effort to be interesting and comfortable in their style and setup. They're much less pretentious and more welcoming. Plus tend to be smaller with less noise.
I have several around where I am living at the moment which are like this, and you can get a great coffee and either a full meal, or just a chips or cheese and tomato pizza, sit around, enjoy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 8:55 pm

I like chain resturants like Chili's, Applebbes, PFChang, Red Robbin, Boston's etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Nov 2017, 4:36 am

I mostly like fast-food type places like McDonalds, Popeyes, & Burger King. I also like pizza as well as Louisiana seafood restaurants. I don't pay that much attention to the atmosphere cuz I mostly care about the food. I'm a very picky eater.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 5:56 am

I don't. They're expensive and waste of money. There are so many easy to make dinners that taste better, are cheaper and can be enjoyed at home.

The cuisines I like tend to be Norwegian, Italian, Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:35 am

Lately I'm working odd hours and there is a Perkins near me with decent standard American dishes. I like their Tilapia/Shimp plate with Cajun seasoning.

It's nice that if I want to at the end of the week they're 24hrs, so I can go in there about 2am in a very quiet restaurant having my meal, sipping coffee, and sometimes splurge getting a slice of pie.

I'm lucky that my town has a Mexican restaurant with two sections, one half basically for the Bar Crowd and the other half is much quieter booth seating. Their food is very good and I'll get Tacos or an Alambre platter.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

I don't really have a preference like that... I have eaten some very good chinese food, but some not so good, too. Same with Japanese, Indian and other foods. I'm fine with eating fast food too, but I usually avoid McDonalds... not that I even see one of those often in the first place. There used to be some in my area too, but they were so unpopular that now there's only one left in the closest big(ger) city.

I like restaurants that aren't too open, places where everyone around you can't see you eating. High seats are good for this.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 3:13 pm

I like restaurants that serve good quality food, but not those ridiculous ones that charge exorbitantly for a tiny lamb cutlet with a rocket leaf on top.
Cuisines I like are Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese and Indian

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:16 pm

I'm not into chain or fast food restaurants but I do like local restaurants that aren't chains.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre