Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2017, 5:46 pm

Is it normal to worry about aging I've just turned 24 and been thinking about this lately is this normal?

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:11 pm

Yes of course it is normal. Everyone worries about aging.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2017, 2:14 pm

It's normal, but you can definitely slow it down with the right lifestyle. Most people think you start aging in your 30s, it's really not meant to start until your 70s. Longevity is one huge passion of mine.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm

As for now, I love getting older. Well, I don't like wrinkles starting to show up on my forehead but the rest is great :)
The first time I realised upsides of being old was when I was working in a popular place, seeing a lot of fashionable teenagers visiting and thought: Thank God, I don't need to care for fashion any more! I was 25.
Getting older helps me to care less and less for things I don't want to care for so I can focus on things I want to focus on. It's finaly my life, not some play for others.
I know my health won't be improviong but this, to some extent, can be adressed with lifestyle. The rest I'm enjoying.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 6:45 pm

magz wrote:
As for now, I love getting older. Well, I don't like wrinkles starting to show up on my forehead but the rest is great :)
The first time I realised upsides of being old was when I was working in a popular place, seeing a lot of fashionable teenagers visiting and thought: Thank God, I don't need to care for fashion any more! I was 25.
Getting older helps me to care less and less for things I don't want to care for so I can focus on things I want to focus on. It's finaly my life, not some play for others.
I know my health won't be improviong but this, to some extent, can be adressed with lifestyle. The rest I'm enjoying.

I'm 62. To you I say: Brava!! !! !! ! :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:01 pm

magz wrote:

Yes not caring about fashion anymore is a relief.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 7:52 am

I hope this "fits" here. It's a beautiful meditation on one woman's youth and aging, from the Scottish Ballet.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2017, 9:22 am

Shakti wrote:
It's normal, but you can definitely slow it down with the right lifestyle. Most people think you start aging in your 30s, it's really not meant to start until your 70s. Longevity is one huge passion of mine.

What? In your 30's?? Gee, I can't be expected to live for long then! With wrinkles starting to show, stale knees and hip starting to ache in cold weather, at age 23! XD

I know that "don't think about it" is a sh***y advice, because you can't just turn off your thoughts. But anyways, there's no point in worrying about something unless your worrying can change it.

One really good thing about aging is that people start taking you more seriously. :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 10:08 am

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I know I do it too. I'll be turning 23 in a bit under two weeks and it bothers me that I don't have a job. The longer I'm unemployed the less time I'll have to save for and pay for an apartment, the smaller my retirement funds will be etc. I know that I'm still young (sort of) when it comes to career, but still, I would've loved to have a steady job and income by now.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 7:14 am

I think it's a common contemplation.
It's certainly weird when you stop being the youngest person in any situation you're in (like groups, events, jobs, etc) that aren't outright children - but some of getting older is actually great. I find that I feel a lot more stable the older I get, not as proverbially bent in the wind as when I was younger. More equitable. Perspective maybe?