Suicide Prevention Online Chat

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

For those of us who have trouble talking over the phone or would simply rather communicate by online chat, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has an online chat. Please take advantage of it if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or desires. There's information about things like what to expect for the chat on this page, from which you can also access the chat.

http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx

Note: This is US only. I'm not very familiar with services that may be available in other countries. If you are aware of other resources like this, please feel free to mention them here.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

300series
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

I have heard about a service in the United Kingdom called The Samaritans, which I found a few years ago with a quick online search. I do not really know anything about it though.

The suicide telephone number in the United States is 1-800-273-8255.

I have also heard about services which can be contacted thru text messages.

Where I live, in San Diego, the equivalent service is called the Psychiatric Emergency Response Team.