Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

My anxiety is beyond the universe because the person(s) on the other side of the semi I live in are using a hammer and it’s 12:42 am ! !! !! It might be better if it weren’t for the “chipmunk cottage” which is to right next to the front door. It is a chipmunk burrowing and making a nest.. but get this the nest leads into my house through a weeping tile! A few weeks ago a chipmunk was inside my house. It’s been a game of wits with animals. I was trying to get rid of cats using my front yard as a public washroom everyday so I put sticks everywhere... but I found out that made it a great place for chipumunks. Currently, I am FREAKED OUT about that. Should I be worried or not?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:17 am

rahura wrote:
My anxiety is beyond the universe because the person(s) on the other side of the semi I live in are using a hammer and it’s 12:42 am ! ! ! ! ! It might be better if it weren’t for the “chipmunk cottage” which is to right next to the front door. It is a chipmunk burrowing and making a nest.. but get this the nest leads into my house through a weeping tile! A few weeks ago a chipmunk was inside my house. It’s been a game of wits with animals. I was trying to get rid of cats using my front yard as a public washroom everyday so I put sticks everywhere... but I found out that made it a great place for chipumunks. Currently, I am FREAKED OUT about that. Should I be worried or not?

don't get angry, get even. there are ways to rid your place of pests.

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2017, 1:50 am

Thanks. I have tried but the chipmunk makes a new hole to connect to the existing passageway it used to get into my house.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:53 am

(clicky)how to get rid of chipmunks
basically it amounts to keeping your yard free of anything a chipmunk might like, and/or trapping them.

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2017, 2:16 am

Thanks. I would need to get a live trap as well as removing the landscaping and cat-proofing? I researched and found out that I should purchase aggregate, it’s like gravel but larger grape sized rocks I guess.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:18 am

prego :) I myself am surrounded by tall trees within inches of my abode, and chipmunks all over the place. I don't know which is worse- chipmunks or squirrels?

rahura
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2017, 11:51 pm

After a brief game of wits with the chipmunk, I gave up. I am no chipmunk killer and the two+ of us are coexisting just swell atm. It hasn’t came into the house since my post, however it is using the burrow beside my front door. This year I have dealt with fungus gnats, an ant colony, and pantry moths. Squirrels are more vicious than chipmunks it seems.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 12:33 am

glad to hear you both have come to a mutual accommodation :wtg: