Do boys/girls only care about matarial things a person has?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 1:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:
When I got together with my boyfriend I was homeless (I mean literally sleeping on the streets). Neither of us owned any material values, nor are we particularly good looking (especially not me, 'cause you know.. Streets. It's not a charming look).
Two years later and we're still poor and ugly, living in a crappy caravan. No one wealthier has gotten in the way so far.

So, no. It's not all about material things, or good looks as mentioned above. Material wealth is of course very practical, but if that was all that mattered, there would only be wealthy couples in the world. Something we know is not the case.

-Pause- before you continue your nice love story.

Was he homeless too?

No, he was renting a room from someone but had to move out soon. That's why we both ended up in the caravan.

Worst love story ever.

But living in caravan isn’t homelessness - and can’t be for free either. Someone was paying.

How could you afford living in caravan? Or was it thanks to your bf that you could live in a caravan?

The whole point Closet is making is that women usually date up - meaning they usually pick a man of a better status who will improve their living situation.

If you were a homeless woman, and you dated a non-homeless man who can pay rent, then that’s dating up: because his financial/living situation was better than yours back then no matter how poor he was. Your situation imporved from homelessness to non-homelessness.

So I don’t understand how your story disapproves what he was saying... still sounds to me a typical woman dating up story, did I miss something?

Just realized you were replying to the OP.... so dismss my previous post.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2017, 5:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Embla wrote:
When I got together with my boyfriend I was homeless (I mean literally sleeping on the streets). Neither of us owned any material values, nor are we particularly good looking (especially not me, 'cause you know.. Streets. It's not a charming look).
Two years later and we're still poor and ugly, living in a crappy caravan. No one wealthier has gotten in the way so far.

So, no. It's not all about material things, or good looks as mentioned above. Material wealth is of course very practical, but if that was all that mattered, there would only be wealthy couples in the world. Something we know is not the case.

-Pause- before you continue your nice love story.

Was he homeless too?

No, he was renting a room from someone but had to move out soon. That's why we both ended up in the caravan.

Worst love story ever.

But living in caravan isn’t homelessness - and can’t be for free either. Someone was paying.

How could you afford living in caravan? Or was it thanks to your bf that you could live in a caravan?

The whole point Closet is making is that women usually date up - meaning they usually pick a man of a better status who will improve their living situation.

If you were a homeless woman, and you dated a non-homeless man who can pay rent, then that’s dating up: because his financial/living situation was better than yours back then no matter how poor he was. Your situation imporved from homelessness to non-homelessness.

So I don’t understand how your story disapproves what he was saying... still sounds to me a typical woman dating up story, did I miss something?

Just realized you were replying to the OP.... so dismss my previous post.

Haha! I get your reasoning though, so just a quick explanation. My boyfriend downgraded from a real home to a caravan. I upgraded big time, but I was the one who bought the caravan. Since I didn't have any rent to pay for a long time, I had saved up so I could afford it. I could've gotten the caravan myself and he could've found another room to rent.

The way I see it, the only thing any of us gained from getting together was good company.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:23 am

Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Do all Boys/Girls care about material things you have like how much money and how you decide to live like with other people and do they care about Bad Boys/Girls? Relationships aren't supposed to be like that.

You would have to be very naive to say that money does not matter. Marriage is a financial institution after all.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 11:16 am

314pe wrote:
Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Do all Boys/Girls care about material things you have like how much money and how you decide to live like with other people and do they care about Bad Boys/Girls? Relationships aren't supposed to be like that.

You would have to be very naive to say that money does not matter. Marriage is a financial institution after all.

I am curious to see the married men’s opinions on the matter.

So are you saying that your money was one of the things that attracted your wife to you?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

No.

Everyone's different, though. Some care about material wealth.

Personally, I care so little about material/financial wealth my attractions to others have never been about that.

Hell, I hangout at a nude beach in the Summer.. I don't even care if they own clothes, let alone what they look like! :lol:
(although I do appreciate good looking well suited clothing.) I care a lot more about what they look like naked than their clothes or material items, that's for sure. As well as personality & compatibility with me. etc etc.

So, there you have it from another real live human being: I don't care about financial or material wealth in a potential partner.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 2:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So are you saying that your money was one of the things that attracted your wife to you?

Of course not, but personal qualities which give ability to make some money just happen to be attractive.