Do boys/girls only care about matarial things a person has?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2017, 11:37 am

Do all Boys/Girls care about material things you have like how much money and how you decide to live like with other people and do they care about Bad Boys/Girls? Relationships aren't supposed to be like that.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:45 am

But relationships have always been like that.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:59 am

They talk about material things a lot, stuff seems all important, but the more stuff they have the more attention they get so I'm not sure which bit is really the bit that matters to them.

I'm so glad I'm not young now, so much pressure :(

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2017, 12:04 pm

Closet Genious wrote:

Why is that?

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Nov 2017, 12:05 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
They talk about material things a lot, stuff seems all important, but the more stuff they have the more attention they get so I'm not sure which bit is really the bit that matters to them.

I'm so glad I'm not young now, so much pressure :(

I think its both nowadays I'm glad I'm still young I'm smart for my age.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 12:10 pm

I think everyone cares about material things, no matter if they're a man or a woman, but some care much more and some much less than others. There's nothing wrong with neither as long as those who want more won't try to get what they want by illegal means or look down upon those who are fine with a simpler life than them and as long as those who are fine with only a little possessions don't look down on those who aren't.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:05 pm

I'm materialistic. I have lots of clothes and fashion related stuff. I love all of my gaming consoles and love IKEA furniture.

I don't care as much as what a guy has. I do care if he loves me regardless of how much he and I have. Things only last so long but love that doesn't require buying cars and expensive tuxedos is what matters in the long run and should last forever.

I expect my guy to understand that I would rather have my clothes than children. I can't have children due to medical reasons.

I don't expect a guy to buy me things unless he wants to. I do expect him to care about me enough to enjoy life for what it is.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2017, 2:08 pm

Unenlightened ones, yes.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:30 pm

Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Why is that?

Because we've had social hierarchies for atleast 350 million years, and when it comes to humans, getting to the top of the hierarchy requires the acquisition of resources.

Human females are very selective compared to other species. Women instinctually seek to mate with someone who is better than herself, primarily when it comes to resources, but it can sometimes be looks, intellect, social skills, ect.
If you're not better than the woman in atleast one aspect, it is very unlikely you will get to hump her.

Historically, men have had 50% of having 0 children, or 50% of having 2 children. Women have had 100% of having 1 child. This is how it averages out, and is due to human female's selective nature.
The superior men pregnated two women. While the inferior men got to wank off alone.
This ties into the maternal instinct of women, because she seeks someone who has enough resources to feed her potential future children.

A man who is fat, weak, unintelligent, bad social skills and has no resources is pretty much useless to the woman.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:47 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Why is that?

Historically, men have had 50% of having 0 children, or 50% of having 2 children. Women have had 100% of having 1 child.

Source?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 2:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Why is that?

Historically, men have had 50% of having 0 children, or 50% of having 2 children. Women have had 100% of having 1 child.

Source?

https://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/is-there-anything-good-about-men-and-other-tricky-questions/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=2

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/09/040920063537.htm

https://psmag.com/environment/17-to-1-reproductive-success#.xen7f2esb

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Cloakedwand72 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Why is that?

Source?

https://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/is-there-anything-good-about-men-and-other-tricky-questions/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=2

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/09/040920063537.htm

https://psmag.com/environment/17-to-1-reproductive-success#.xen7f2esb

i have seen this one before:

Quote:
"It is a pattern that's built up over time. The norm through human evolution is for more women to have children than men," said Jason Wilder, a postdoctoral fellow in UA's Arizona Research Laboratories and lead author on the research articles. "There are men around who aren't able to have children, because they are being outcompeted by more successful males."

Co-author Michael Hammer, a research scientist in UA's Arizona Research Laboratories, said, "We may think of ourselves as a monogamous species, but we're coming from an evolutionary history that's probably slightly polygamous. If we're shifting toward monogamy, it's so recent it hasn't left an imprint on our genome."

and yet people here deny there’s an alpha-thing in humans lol.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

Just depends on how you define alpha.

For example, a succesful brain surgeon or software developer, is more alpha than some jacked dude with tattoos who works at a warehouse. Because the brain surgeon obviously has much higher social status.

My point is: most men can work towards being more alpha. I am not a biological determinist in that sense.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:09 pm

^ alpha means a desired male - and there are different factors for that. As simple as that.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ alpha means a desired male - and there are different factors for that. As simple as that.

Fair enough, I just don't like the how the word is used sometimes.

Being rich is obviously much more alpha than doing benchpress...

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:38 pm

They only care if you associate with reality. If you disassociate, then you may be kinda on the side. I know I tend to be the one who disassociates, because there is another side to any argument that needs to be given more light than the ones I say. Usually someone has a response that they assume associates more with reality than the one I give. Even then, the times I mention I disassociate with reality are probably the times people actually say I am in touch with reality, but I can't predict people. They look like they are against you when you want them for you and look like they are for you when you are against them. I wish each day I was the one who associates with reality. I mean for once can I not be the bad guy or the one you should sympathize with in the corner. I don't want the opposite either. What I actually want is to be a regul- (Yes, there is no such thing as regular or normal) -ar person. Problem is: I don't I do, I do I don't, I say I do and don't well I'm crazy. I say that wild assumption and the message is "stop rambling!" or a short response. Or, you're not crazy. I don't know. Another problem is that people think that I think I 100% know what they are telling me, and no I don't. Even then, there are more severe people who disassociate with reality that people have more of a connection with.

The problem isn't even people. The problem I see is this way of communicating that society imposes that is completely unknown to some of us that we tend to be gullible about.

Possible piece of advice with that statement? "I've been there before."

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 19 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.